3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Uni-bushings for 2114 Super Lites  (Read 314 times)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Easton Uni-bushings for 2114 Super Lites
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »
So,I picked up some 2114s from the the classifieds. I decided to go with uni bushings and G-nocks. I ordered 2114 G-nock uni bushings direct from Easton, but when I tried to install the bushings they were too big. I initially thought they were just snug, but I've reamed, scraped and cleaned the shafts and there's no way they are going in. Am I missing something? Some tricks I can try? I'm thinking about getting some 2014s to gain a 64th.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Uni-bushings for 2114 Super Lites
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
How far did you cut off up the shaft? Some shafts are necked down more then others near the swaged end.The bushing should slide right in and get snug near the end of the bushing.I had installed uni-bushing on a number or aluminum shafts,mostly 2016,2018 and 2117 without any problems.They might have been mismarked on the package? They should fit right in as long as you have a straight part of the shaft.Did you try them in the point end to see if they fit inside of the shaft?

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
That might be it John, I nipped them off as close to the swage as I could get, I'm thinking I might still be into the area that is necked down for the swaging?
I'm going to try some at tip end or cut one back further and see if there is any difference.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Success!
Needed to cut back further, shaft still had some taper in it that close to the swage.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
Sounds good,I cut off the swage close to the taper and then trim alittle at a time until the bushing will slide in.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
I always put them in the point end and then cut the taper off when cutting the arrow down.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©