3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leather  (Read 424 times)

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
Leather
« on: January 11, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
Where is the "go-to" spot for buying leather now a days?
Thanks

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leather
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
My go-to is 12 miles from me. Zack White Leather, but many folks use Tandy as well. There are other suppliers as well.

What type of leather do you seek?
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
Tandy around here.

Bisch

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
I shop the storefront Tandy near me.  Subscribe to their ads.  Most of my purchase's are unadvertised Manager's Special's.

Just bought two belly's at $12.99 each.  They will make a bunch of straps or belt blank's.  One belt blank costs more than that!
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
Tim, one in your neighborhood is Springfield Leather Co. in Springfield, MO 417-881-0223 or try Moscow Hide and Fur or Crazy Crow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline double eagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
I vote along with Pat B in the Springfield MO area.  I have never been disappointed and is a Tandy on steroids.  Great selection and people ready to assist.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
Hey thanks for the info y'all.  
I make some duck-straps from the leather that duck hunters use to carry their ducks from the field.  Basicly 5/8" strips that hold a birds head.  I don't remember the oz wt I had before but it's probably slightly thinner than a good back quiver leather would be.
Thanks again

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
I buy mine from a local Amish shop. Just last week I stopped by and bought a nice piece of water buffalo, got three back quivers out of it.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
Tim, 4oz to 6oz is about what you want, probably.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
It depends on the leather that I need. For bison leather, you just won't beat the price and quality you get from the Hide House in Napa Valley. I am fortunate enough to work in the town that Springfield Leather is located in so I get a lot of my stuff from them. They have a great sale on stingray hides and fish leather right now. I can sometimes get caiman from them at a really good price too. They always have the best price on ostrich leg skins.

I get deer hide from a lot of different places. You can pick it up from various sellers on **** as cheap as anybody else. Kentucky Leather and Hide is a good seller as well as The Leather Guy.

I know it's probably just me, but the only thing I would ever buy from Tandy is some of their hardware. Their leather prices are not competitive and their selection and quality is mediocre. There is a big Tandy store in Springfield, MO and I don't know how they stay in business with Springfield Leather less than a mile away. Every time I've been to the Tandy store it's always empty of customers while Springfield Leather is packed.

Darren

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©