3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank You Trad Gang  (Read 603 times)

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank You Trad Gang
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Just wanted to give a thanks to everyone here that post about their hunts and the little things that make the outdoors so special!  This was my first season going traditional only, and also the first year in awhile where it looks like I'll eat tag soup, our season is still in but with time constraints and other commitments I may be done, hopefully I will find some time to sneak away.  However, this has been one of the most rewarding seasons I have ever had.  

I had some great days in the woods and made some wonderful memories. I also got to laugh at myself a good bit and all because I had a longbow in hand!  

There were times when frustration would begin and I would think about bailing and just getting some meat in freezer.  At those times I would read some post here in the Pow Wow and get a gentle reminder of the little things that make the hunt so special!  So, from a full time trad newbie, THANKS TRAD GANG!!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank You Trad Gang
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  The fun never ends and we all have those laughable moments.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Basstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by IndaTimber:
Just wanted to give a thanks to everyone here that post about their hunts and the little things that make the outdoors so special!  This was my first season going traditional only, and also the first year in awhile where it looks like I'll eat tag soup, our season is still in but with time constraints and other commitments I may be done, hopefully I will find some time to sneak away.  However, this has been one of the most rewarding seasons I have ever had.  

I had some great days in the woods and made some wonderful memories. I also got to laugh at myself a good bit and all because I had a longbow in hand!  

There were times when frustration would begin and I would think about bailing and just getting some meat in freezer.  At those times I would read some post here in the Pow Wow and get a gentle reminder of the little things that make the hunt so special!  So, from a full time trad newbie, THANKS TRAD GANG!!
IT, I haven't even begun my traditional hunting yet as I recently purchased my traditional bow but I want to echo your comments here.  This site is spectacular and the members here are more than helpful and generous with their knowledge and expertise.

Offline Lady Frost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »
These guys really are great!!
My cup runneth over

Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
There is so much more to the hunt than the actual kill. Obviously, the kill is part of it, and we "need" it every once in a while, just like a junkie needs his fix!!! Only thing is, this drug is a wonderful thing, with nothing but great side effects!!

Keep after it, and you will get your first, and it will be the most rewarding hunt of your lifetime!!!

Bisch

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
There is so much more to the hunt than the actual kill. Obviously, the kill is part of it, and we "need" it every once in a while, just like a junkie needs his fix!!! Only thing is, this drug is a wonderful thing, with nothing but great side effects!!

Keep after it, and you will get your first, and it will be the most rewarding hunt of your lifetime!!!

Bisch
Yes, it will happen. Had some close, great, encounters and learned a great deal about my areas. I had a blast!

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
Sounds like you are on the way to really understanding what this is all about.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »
When it happens, the sense of achievement and disbelief in what you just achieved is unmatched in the hunting world as far as Ive experienced. Hope it will be the same for you and after 10 years a member myself, what Ive learned on this forum and the friends Ive met are beyond words.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
you are certainly welcome    :wavey:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
Well said Bisch    :thumbsup:
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 08:57:00 PM »
Bisch and Izzy both beat me to the punch.  I've never felt so fulfilled as when I knealt over my first trad kill.  I'm excited for you to experience it.  Good luck!!!

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
Double post
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
I haven't shot a deer in 3 years. I did count cue on several doe's. Here in Missouri for a buck to be legal He has to have 4 points on one side and I wasn't getting any in close enough to shoot so I started a little game. When a doe come in I would pick a log or something and shoot it and if the deer didn't move before the arrow hit I considered it dead. I'm the only one in the family that eats Vinson so it was on problem and I enjoyed it.
   :dunno:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Online Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »
It is indeed a wonderful ride.    :campfire:    :coffee:    :archer2:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
Even though You have not killed a  deer yet, it sounds like you have become better at hunting. Its funny all the little things you pick up about animal behavior.

Good luck and I agree with the rest of the guys.  Once you dedicate and stick with it, the first deer is truly rewarding.

Trad Gang has been a   great place to visit, share and learn.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
Wow! Talk about antler restrictions. Four on one side. Might not ever get a buck here in NJ where I hunt. Is that all over MO or just certain areas?
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©