3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hang on treestand questions  (Read 1113 times)

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Hang on treestand questions
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »
Looking for a new hang on treestand. Need opinions and suggestions.  I need one I can sit and be comfortable in for more than three hrs those little 5x10" seat cushions don't work for me. Willing to spend the money on a good one. I have a bear hunt I'm going on in August.

I appreciate the help in advance
St. Joe River Bows

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hang on treestand questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
I have hunted out of many types, but my 2 favorites are Chippewa and Lone Wolf. They are well made, quiet and cost a pretty penny (worth it). Also, since I'm a big guy and almost 60, I feel safe in them. The Hawk stands are pretty impressive for the dollars. Good Luck

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:39:00 PM »
I love my LW for easy pack in's and easy hanging but when I hang one for all day comfort I use a older Millennium stand. I understand they make them easier to hang now! GREAT comfortable seat!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline JARHEAD1371

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »
The Millennium M150 is the best out there IMO. It's aluminum and can be moved to different locations with a simple bracket. It's like sitting in a very comfortable porch chair.
Active Duty Marines '96-'04 Medically Retired

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
The millennium looks awesome that looks pretty comfortable to me. Full seat on it looks real nice too
St. Joe River Bows

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
I agree with the Millenium suggestions.  Most comfortable seat out there IMO.  Lone Wolf hang ons are rock solid and quiet but for comfort they didn't cut it for me.

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:45:00 PM »
No B.S. on the Milleniums. Wish I would have discovered them sooner.  Probably would have more trophies on the wall. I can sit them all day, as opposed to 4-5 hours of being miserable in others. I absolutely love em'.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »
Hey Rob!
Last season I used a Alpha 2, M50, and Boss XL a bunch of times. I used a few others too.

If I had to hump it great distance and hang in awkward trees, I'd use my Lone Wolf. Since I decided to use only a single stand, this is the one I picked and now use exclusively.

If I had a certain type of hunt booked and I was looking for a nice stand to camp in for really long days, I'd do the Millennium. My M50 was too comfortable and I slept through a few sits in it. Big/heavy but very quiet. Only downside was that big square seat had me worried about my string angle a few times.

Stand aside, sticks are half of the system, what are you planning on using?
Thom

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 04:40:00 AM »
for comfort I have to say Millenium
"Us vs Them"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 08:02:00 AM »
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »
I really think the m150 is what I will purchase now that I've got some more input.

I have some steel climbing sticks heavy yes but I would have to look at others if I want to buy new ones. The big steel ones work but are a pain to carry in the woods
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Dave Earley

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »
screaming eagle are bombproof, silent, and foolproof.  been my number one treestand type for 25 + years, after years of trying multiple types.  take a bit to learn how to use, like anything, but easy to set up properly.  I have 6; put them in my best locations on the farm and padlock them to the tree.  use BearClaw tree steps for lower 5 or 6 steps; Cranford screw-in for the rest.  going to try the Odin sticks this year for those properties where I do not have permission to use screw-in's. You can easily modify the seat to add more cushioning.  The tall seat makes all the difference in comfort, and ease of sitting and standing, IMHO.  If I was taking stands in and out of the woods, I would probably use the Chippewas
Dave Earley

"Papa shoot arrows at deer, we eat tasty steaks !"  Matt, my 3 yr old grandson.
Leon Stewart Slammer 64"  55#

Offline Dave Earley

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
screaming eagle are bombproof, silent, and foolproof.  been my number one treestand type for 25 + years, after years of trying multiple types.  take a bit to learn how to use, like anything, but easy to set up properly.  I have 6; put them in my best locations on the farm and padlock them to the tree.  use BearClaw tree steps for lower 5 or 6 steps; Cranford screw-in for the rest.  going to try the Odin sticks this year for those properties where I do not have permission to use screw-in's. You can easily modify the seat to add more cushioning.  The tall seat makes all the difference in comfort, and ease of sitting and standing, IMHO.  If I was taking stands in and out of the woods, I would probably use the Chippewas
Dave Earley

"Papa shoot arrows at deer, we eat tasty steaks !"  Matt, my 3 yr old grandson.
Leon Stewart Slammer 64"  55#

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
For sticks, I'm using the Muddy Pro Sticks. I really like the rope cam system and each step being a hinged double. That said, I wish they had the Aerolite sticks when I was buying.

Anyone here using them and have any feedback? Looks just like the LW but with double steps. I really like a double step when I get to the top.
Thom

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 10:04:00 AM »
For feeling comfortable and safe I like the Chippewas especially the larger models.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
I have the Chippewa but bought the hunt comfort seat for the lone wolf stand and that has made a big difference in comfort for those long sits.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »
The Millenium seat is definitely comfortable and works for long sits.  I find it to be rather large tho and standing up takes a lot of movement.  The Big Game Prodigy has a similar mesh type seat that isn't so big but still very comfy.  Wally World has them on closeout now, too.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline claytondinkins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 01:24:00 PM »
I currently use an old Loc on stand with the Muddy Aerolite climbing sticks. I am very happy with the sticks so far but I have not tried many others for comparison.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »
I bought a Millenium for this year and I like it.  Definitely spring for the ratchet strap brackets if you buy more, world's better then the chain for me.  Bought the lone wold sticks too.  No complaints but I've often wished for a step on both sides.  Honestly though my brother bought a lone wolf climber and I wish I had gone that route, much, much lighter and quicker then the strap on.

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
Im looking at one called the X stand (cabelas 189.99)
10 pounds and the seat looks wide and comfortable
The 10 lbs sells it for me
Slickhead

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©