3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FRUSTRATION!!!!(tryin to learn)  (Read 501 times)

Offline repoman

• Trad Bowhunter
FRUSTRATION!!!!(tryin to learn)
« on: October 17, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
Im hunting a 175 acre farm with about 40 acres of woods in the center.surrounding the woods are bean and corn feilds. theres a creek that comes ouot of the ground in the woods. Now, about two weeks befrore the season came in I was scouting a bit and saw a few does and a massive buck. there all kinds of rubs and scrapes, i can even follow them on the same path but since the season opened i havent seen a a single deer!! ive tried several locations and i just cant find them, any suggestions?

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FRUSTRATION!!!!(tryin to learn)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Sit at a far distance from the woods and spend an evening glassing the area for deer activity.  If they are coming out into the field I'd start at that point and work their trail back to a good ambush spot.  It could be they are bedding in the corn or beans (if they're tall enough).  If it's an island of 40 acres you don't want to push them out and chances are a smart buck won't return this season.  Start on the fringes and work your way in slowly as you learn the property.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Hang tuff.....they are changing from summer to fall pattern.

I'm sure they are still around.  How long are you hunting?...have you checked the moom phase when you hunted?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Don't worry, soon they'll cut the corn and beans, which is probably where they bed, and there'll be nothin left to hunt but woods. That should narrow things down.
Bret M. FullER

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
PS: Don't spend too much time spreading your scent around the woods now, back out now and they'll pile up there after everything is mowed down.
Bret M. FullER

Offline Grayishhues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
The beans on the land Repo and I are hunting were harvested last week. We went in this past weekend for a bit of still hunting but decided to leave when someone on adjoining land set up his treestand about 30 yards from our brush blind. Don't let him fool you. We've only been out twice so far and saw a good size 6 or 8 the week before season opened. Hopefully  once we've been out for a bit and, the corn gets harvested, the deer will come back to the woods and we can get back to hunting. Repo just gets a bit antsy sometimes. He'll be ok.    :bigsmyl:    ;)
>>>-------------> All who wander, are  not lost... <-------------<<<

SCA- 2007 Barony of Red Spears Archery Champion

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
After seven days hunting and not seeing anything take a shower. Hunt seven more if ya don't spie anything call us back  :readit:    :bigsmyl:    :banghead:

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
If the corn is still standing I think they might be spending all their time in the corn. It is food and cover all in one. They only have to leave the corn for water and that is probably what you  observed. Right now the bucks are trying to put on as much weight as possible before the rut. If they cut the corn look to the oak groves or any other mast crop in your area. The does never lose their appetite so they will still be in the area with the best available food source.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline repoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
gray is right, mabey i do get a little to fired up about huntin season

Offline Grayishhues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
Repo, You up for some skwerlin after work?
>>>-------------> All who wander, are  not lost... <-------------<<<

SCA- 2007 Barony of Red Spears Archery Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©