3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rampart bow question  (Read 330 times)

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Rampart bow question
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »
I have a Rampart recurve that John built for me a few years ago. I was fortunate to spend some time with him then and this was my first Rampart. I have three of his bows but this one is different. It has curved limb beds. The limbs fit down into the riser on a curved bed. My other two are flat limb beds. The limbs set on top of the riser. I have seen a lot of Johns bows and have not seen another one like it. If it wasn't for the limb bolts you would swear it is a one piece bow.  Anyone else seen one of these or have an explanation?
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rampart bow question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:00 AM »
Have you asked Tom?
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Bowitis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:30:00 AM »
If I understand what you are talking about...
John was a furniture master craftsman before he started building bows. He went to great lengths for the PERFECT fit as in furniture. His later bows did not have that fit. He was still building a beautiful bow and charging less for it. Towards the end, He still built the imbedded limb by special order and a increase in price. The way I understand it anyway.
JD Berry Taipan
2 Heartland Surge

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
I haven't talked to Tom ...just curious since I have never seen another like it. Thanks for the info. John built this bow for me as a trade out for some steel stair risers my son built. I got to talk to him a lot during the build. It was a great experience and I wish he was still around.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by 4dogs:
I haven't talked to Tom ...just curious since I have never seen another like it. Thanks for the info. John built this bow for me as a trade out for some steel stair risers my son built. I got to talk to him a lot during the build. It was a great experience and I wish he was still around.
Me too, really bummed I didn't have him build me a longbow and or wish I had bought a used one I liked once. I may look into buying one of the legacy Ramparts Buddy Gould is building once I have a chance to try one.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline tjfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
I have a longbow with the limbs built into the riser also. I talked with Tom Jr. a while back about it and he said John used to make a lot of the bows like that but it just got too time consuming for him so he switched to the limbs on top of the riser.

Tim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©