3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lil' Creep  (Read 761 times)

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
Lil' Creep
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
Just curious if anyone cud tell me bout the great northern lil creep , have been looking at it thinking of buying one but like to hear from others bcuz i have nowhere close where i can checkem out thanx guys.
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lil' Creep
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
I recently acquired one and I love it.  Very stable for a shorter longbow.  Jerry knows how to make a hunting bow so if your're looking for a no frills, just get'er done and put meat in the freezer, longbow, then this bow should be high on your list. I believe the limb design is what makes it so rock solid - Wider at the fades but tapers to 1/2" at the string nock.  The bamboo is powerful and quick. Very nice bow.  I can't wait to take this little guy hunting.

Steve
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Thanks Brother im sure glad to hear u say that i was really hopin to hear good words , i think itll fit rt in with me i dont really care for fancy im going to be ordering a lil slammer from Mr. Leon Stewart but its doubtful with his busy schedule ill be able to get it by deer season so i think ima order the lil creep to have in the mean time to practice with all summer
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
I have shot both the Lil Creep & the Bushbow and in my humble opinion, prefered the Bushbow...hands down. To me, the Bushbow was more stable and more forgiving. The reason I'd lean more towards the Bushbow (62") is that I hunt 90% of the time in a tree stand. The creep is an excellent choice if a ground blind is where you spend most of your time. Once again, this is just my opinion. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors of ice cream. Jerry Brumm makes fantastic bows and his customer service is second to none.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
Give the Toelke Pika a look to.

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
After owning a half dozen Bushbows over the years, I ordered a Jackknife Lil Creep. Impressed me so much, I grabbed another identical one when it showed up on the classifieds. I agree that it suits the ground hunter, but for me, it also competes favorably with the Bushbow in its shooting characteristics...quicker, just as quiet, and a delight to carry. I've heard on good authority it's Jerry's favorite now, and that's the best endorsement I can give. As always, you should try to shoot both before deciding.

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
MeatCKR has my old bow, and it is a good n'.  I'm sorry that I bought a bow that showed me that I should be shooting with a 29"+ draw; I was really happy with my Lil' Creep until then.  If you like mild r/d bows and draw less than 28.5", you will love the creep.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 08:29:00 PM »
Hey Brent!  The Creep is Fantastic! As mentioned, great bow for a ground pounder and that's all I do.  Hope to be chasing spring gobblers soon.
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 11:04:00 PM »
Thanks guys but have a question why do u say its better on the ground than in treestand just curious

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 11:06:00 PM »
I hunt a mix of both ground n in the tree usually ground im still huntin but id say bout 85% im in the tree

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
Thanks guys but have a question why do u say its better on the ground than in treestand just curious

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:51:00 AM »
Creep is 58" in length while the Bushbow is available in 60",62" & 64" lengths. In other words, the Lil Creep is more manuverable

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
I groundhunt exclusively, but don't see why the Creep wouldn't be as easy or easier to shoot from a tree stand. It is physically lighter than a Bushbow, which may be an issue for some. I only draw 26", so can't speak on troubles with longer draws...Jerry says good to 29".

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
Thanx i was thinkin it would be as u say more manuverable thats actually what i was thinking might be a help to me in the tree i live in central tx our trees are prodominantly scrub oaks live oaks n some red and white oak lots of branches to contend with so thought matbe shorter bow wud help  and Paradocs im with u i have same draw length but thank yall for the help

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 11:17:00 PM »
My grandson just got a Little Creep this summer, fortunately for me he stores his Bow at my house. I shoot his Bow quite a bit just to keep it limber
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
The Lil Creep and the Bushbow are very different bows. The Lil Creep is not a shorter version of the Bushbow, it is unique in a number of ways.

The Lil Creep is physically lighter, and yes, it requires a steady bow arm. The Bushbow, especially with wood cores as opposed to bamboo, offers more stability because of its mass weight, but that doesn't mean it's heavy, it just means the Creep is lighter. I have them both and I like them both.

If you take the time to adjust to the Lil Creep you will fall in love with it. Why carry more bow than needed? It's also fast and quiet. It reminds me of Dean Torges Ambush bow. It's a great bow to have in the field because it's lithe and out of the way.

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
I have the jacknife Lil Creep in brown glass.

I'm going to order one in Green glass.

It's a great bow for me.
Irv Eichorst

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:00 PM »
I shot the Lil' Creep today...very nice..even at a fuzz under 29" draw. As stated it is a low mass weight bow, if your accustom to that you will be fine, if not give it some time.

Jerry has built over 8,000 bows..I think he's got it figured out.

Might have to go for one of these..'less I can talk him into a re-introducing the crittergitter for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©