3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dryad Medium ACS RC Limbs  (Read 363 times)

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dryad Medium ACS RC Limbs
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:00 AM »
I need opinions on these recurve limbs,,, smoothness, sound, stability, if I have only shot full working limb bows with my favorites being Carbon Palmers and original Predators (Darton era)  would I really love these limbs??

what brought me to Dryad is I want a 58" bow that feels like a 62" bow when you shoot it.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dryad Medium ACS RC Limbs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:00 AM »
Dryad would be most qualified to respond to your question.

Many factors will factor into fulfilling your desire.

Would suspect, if your draw length approaches near 28"s, then you may be disappointed.

Again, the folks at Dryad would be the prime source.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »
im in touch with dryad and mentioned I would make a post here,not looking for opinions on other makers vs dryad just want to hear from the dryad users and what they think of the smoothness compared to full working limbs I only have one static an old bear but wondering about the newer limbs.
"Us vs Them"

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Guess I am qualified to respond.  I have quite a few bows from big name bowers with various cores and many in the 66" range as my draw length is 31" plus on most days.All of these are full working limbs.  The ACS RC limb is THE smoothest of all the bows I own. You know the saying "without stack" well these truly do not,a very smooth Force Draw curve. Mike suggested XL's because of my longer draw. No regrets.

Also should mention, These ACS RC limbs are notably my fasted limbs of the many bows I own, even bows of higher draw weight shooting lighter weight arrows.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
I have a set 45# on a 19" riser (ilf) I find them to be a very nice limb.  I have a shorter draw my limbs are mediums. They are fast, smooth and shoot an arrow as well as any limb I have ever owned.  I would stay with mediums for a 28" draw you would get more performance out of the limb.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »
I agree with maxwell.  For max performance wringing every bit of oommph you'd do well with the mediums drawing 28.  If what you want is an extra margin of smoothness, then longs would feel great, just crank em down a bit if you need to.  Talk to Mike@ Dryad he'll steer you right and tell it straight.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
forgot to mention I'm drawing 27"  but Mike even recommended the mediums I think with a 15" riser. thanks for the posts.
"Us vs Them"

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
I have a long draw length like the one guy, 31", above and I have a set of the xl and they are the smoothest thing I've ever drawn in a recurve, but I much prefer their Longbow ACS limbs which are faster than most recurves with the exception of a few real high end models. You will like them a lot, whatever you buy from Dryad!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
you know its funny that's kinda where I was going with this is i'm split between the LB limbs or the Recurve it started with the LB because I do not have a 3pc longbow and ever since I had that Hope longbow I really wanted one.

oh old goat I forgot I hate it when you post because I used to live in Arvada on SW53rd st off wadsworth pkwy right across from Gart Bro sports if its still there,,,, worked at the Homestead House in Westminster. I really miss the friendly people of CO not all high strung and snapping at you all the time like they they are here in Mass!
"Us vs Them"

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tajue17:
you know its funny that's kinda where I was going with this is i'm split between the LB limbs or the Recurve it started with the LB because I do not have a 3pc longbow and ever since I had that Hope longbow I really wanted one.

oh old goat I forgot I hate it when you post because I used to live in Arvada on SW53rd st off wadsworth pkwy right across from Gart Bro sports if its still there,,,, worked at the Homestead House in Westminster. I really miss the friendly people of CO not all high strung and snapping at you all the time like they they are here in Mass!
They are all part of Sports Authority now, or as a lot of old-timers say, Garts Authority! You will like the longbow limbs a lot, they are flat smoking, not as fast as A&H but close and I like the longer riser that isn't cut as far past center as the A&H and I think the Dryad limbs feel way smoother!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©