3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Stalker Stickbows  (Read 2037 times)

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Stalker Stickbows
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Dad-gum!

I'm currently in the bow market, and the wood choices are almost overwhelming to me!

I admire how you knew what you wanted, and it turned into several AMAZING looking bows.

Kudos to South!
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 08:10:00 AM »
you've come up with a poplular stain there Michael, I've got several bow orders where guys are requesting the same combonation!

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Hi South. I'm happy to see people like the stain I came up with but it's your artistic craftsmanship and attention to details that made it all come together. I hope the guys with the new bow orders with the same stain will share their bow photos on TradGang.com. I'm very happy for them.

Thank you again everyone for your kind responses to my new bows. I'm enjoying shooting them every day.

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »
WOW!
Irv Eichorst

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
Those are AMAZING.  You are a lucky guy and kudos to you doing your homework
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
wow! really gorgeous.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »
Those bows are beautiful!I just put my deposit in on one and that quilted maple is definitely a contender .But it sounds like I have 5 months to figure it out
Tim

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
Tim: Be sure to check out stained Spalted Maple as one of your wood choices. South had one of his Coyotes with Spalted Maple for auction at the Compton/CTAS banquet last Saturday and it was really beautiful. It brought in a lot of money for a great cause.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
I'll look for some pictures of that.Right now I'm combing the internet looking at every wood combo.I can find.There is a Curly Koa bow on his site that looks VERY nice.
 I'm afraid if its to pretty I wont want to take it to the woods!
 Any pictures would be much appreciated
Tim

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
"I'm combing the internet looking at every wood combo. Any pictures would be much appreciated."

Call or email South Cox and have him send you photos of different woods. He has a HUGE inventory of wood for risers and limb veneers and he makes frequent runs up to northern California to his wood supplier for more.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
South has been very helpful. But I have 5 months to figure it out and he has allot on his plate right now. As it gets closer I'll bug him more.
 By the way you are the perfect guy to ask.How do the Wolverine and Coyote compare? I'm not 100% commit ed to either yet
Tim

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »
I love my Wolverine and Coyote equally well. Both are the same draw weight. The Wolverine is more center cut so it takes a stiffer arrow (same shaft but 1" shorter) than my Coyote. Both are super smooth to draw back to my 30"+ draw length and really spit out my heavy arrows. They are the flattest shooting bows that I've ever owned. Both bows are super quiet and hand shock free. The Wolverine riser is wider than the Coyote riser so it is slightly more comfortable in my hand but it does make it a heavier bow. The Wolverine static limbs with carbon and bamboo cores are really fast but the Coyote D/R longbow limbs almost match them. I chronographed both bows with a mechanical Hooter Shooter (to eliminate the human factor for a more accurate comparison) and found that my Wolverine is exactly 2 fps faster than my Coyote. The Wolverine limbs must be sculpted to the riser where as the Coyote limbs do not. If you want another set of limbs for the Wolverine you have to either order them when South is building the bow or you have to send him your riser. The Coyote limbs do not need sculpting to the riser which makes for easier re-ordering. By the way I ordered another set of limbs for my Coyote last week. I too am looking at 5 months before I receive them. I can shoot one bow and then the other at our local 3D range and both bows shoot exactly where I look. I hope this helps you.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
It does help to know I won't have regret s  no matter which way I go.5 months is a long time to think about this!

Offline dnurk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tim in Wa.:
I'll look for some pictures of that.Right now I'm combing the internet looking at every wood combo.I can find.There is a Curly Koa bow on his site that looks VERY nice.
 I'm afraid if its to pretty I wont want to take it to the woods!
 Any pictures would be much appreciated
Tim
Tim, not sure if you do social media or not but there are a ton of pictures on his Facebook page.  Lots of fun to be had dreaming about wood choices.  I'm actually just on the list as well...planning to go with B&W ebony.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »
I've been resisting F B I seem to already waste to much time.I may just need to jump in.
Are you already settled on that combo?

Offline dnurk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.   I've thought about deleting my FB account many times Tim.   But you can actually view their FB page without signing up....  Here is the link for their public section with photos:

Stalker Stickbows FB page

Yeah, I'm pretty much set on B&W ebony.  Just need to figure out if I'm going with something like gabone ebony for the middle flare in the riser or something cheaper like phenolic.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
Right now I'm on the fence between quilted maple, curly koa or myrle and claro walnut

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©