3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tred Barta, good for him.  (Read 478 times)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Tred Barta, good for him.
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
I remember watching this guy years ago before I ever even thought about trad gear. I was impressed back then and he missed some game and killed some but he always seemed to give it his all. I know he had a stroke and cancer at the same time but I hear he is bowhunting from his wheelchair. That is cool and I say God Bless him. Anyone know him personally? He seems like a genuine guy but that's just what I had seen on TV. Does ever post here?
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta, good for him.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
I used to love his show. Feel terrible about what happened to him but quit watching him when he started hunting elk with ear tags in a game farm.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
I heard that too. But I guess he has limits on where and how he can hunt.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »
I really like Tred.  I think he's a helluva man and a great example to follow for TRAD archers.  Of course the haters will be along soon to trash him and belittle everything he's done.

As for the hunting on a "farm," I doubt Tred would do that.  He would not hunt a captive animal in a canned hunt.
Lets face it, when you're confined to a wheelchair and unable to move your lower body, if you want to hunt there are things that are going to have to be done for you to make it happen.  Hunting elk, from what I've seen and read, is NOT done 500 yards out of the parking lot.  You've gotta get way back out in the open country, among 'em.  Just ain't gonna happen when you are confined to a wheelchair like Tred is.  Along with being confined there are other things related to his condition that would also have to be taken into account too.  He likely has to have a nurse or an aide around most of the time.  I mean the man has needs that most of us can't imagine.  All that stuff just cannot happen out in the open country where you have to go to hunt elk.  It's just logistically not feasible.  Sure, he could take a helicopter with all kinds of support personnel and such, but who can pay for all that?  He doesn't have the money any longer.

So, I say more power to ya Tred and keep gettin' at it.

Nalajr

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
I used to be a fan back before his stroke, and saw one video he made after his stroke, several years ago.  Haven't seen anything since.  Does anyone know if he is still active, and what he is up to these days?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:06:00 PM »
Tred has a very active Facebook page.  It looks like he is doing a lot of fishing down in Florida, but I don't think he is shooting archery anymore.
-EVG

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
I did see some pics after searching and he was shooting his long bow from the wheelchair. The article also said his wife left him. That has to be tough. Hope he is doing well these days.. I thought he had so much excitement in his shows.

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »
The last I heard he was moving from Colorado to Florida.  He was going to concentrate on his deep sea fishing.  I do miss his shows,  I did not agree with him all the time but I did/do have a lot of respect for him.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Trad lives full time in the Fl keys (Islamorada)and keeps his boat at the world wide sportsmen marina.  He goes there everyday whether fishing or not 3 miles 1 way in his chair with no power.  I was there last March getting bait and heard his voice behind me.  He's the same guy you see on camera.  He makes his living like he always has during and before TV as an airplane broker.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
BTW I'll probably see him in a few weeks leaving on the 16th I'll ask him about hunting.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
cool

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
Tred is a good man!

Certainly would be good to have a few shows on TV like those he used to provide.

The vast majority of shows on the Outhouse Channel and others are not portraying the truth about archery, nor are very many of them teaching anything.

Most are 20 minutes of commercial gadgetry and 10 minutes of repetitive kill shots, then animal recovery after dark. Worthless.

Once a relatively famous video production expert showed me how a bad shot can be moved pixel by pixel to simulate a killing shot, I quit watching altogether.

Of course most of those shows don't use our kind of equipment anyway.

Tred is a good man!
Irv Eichorst

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Tred is his own man and marchers to a different drummer than most.

Like others I did not agree with him 100% but always looking forward to new episode jut to see what crazy thing he would do next.

More power to him...... not all keep going like he has under such trying conditions.

:thumbsup:
Joe Furlong

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©