3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly or Super Grizzly or Super Kodiak?  (Read 603 times)

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly or Super Grizzly or Super Kodiak?
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:42:00 PM »
Got to stop in a bow shop and shoot a couple Bear bows. It's been a while since I had one and I feel like having a Bear in the stable.
Grizzly shooters, do you prefer the regular Grizzly or the Super Grizzly? (They did not have a super grizzly to try, but the regular Grizzly was a lot nicer than I expected and remembered. I would think the FF string makes a nicer shooting bow? It's been so long since I used a Dacron string I can't recall if Dacron is quieter or less quiet than FF materials?
Also would you choose the super Kodiak over either?
The Super Kodiak I shot was black beauty 64". Bear doesn't show the 64" as an option on their site? I have a 31" draw and felt no stack in either bow. The Grizzly was only 40@28 so stack might not have been too noticeable if it was there.
BTW...The lack of knowledge and assistance of traditional hunting bows at the bow shop was disappointing to put it nicely. I'll spare you the details.
I think I would have walked out with one if the set-up was even close enough to evaluate them. That super K was as nice as most customs. But the grizzly was hitting the mark at 10 yards nicely.
Also, it got me wondering...several bowyers make replica super ks and 59s. Do any Bowyers make a replica Grizzly? I'd like to see one with clear glass and wood veneer limbs.
Thanks,
Tedd

Offline Archer1977

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly or Super Grizzly or Super Kodiak?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
Im looking pretty hard at a Super Grizzly as well. I was hoping some people would post up on here what they thought of them.
Dwyer Longbow 48#

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
I've owned Grizzlies and Super K's, but never the Super Griz.

To me, the Super K is the epitome of an all around, do-anything bow (except they don't travel well...lol).

To me, everyone should have a Super K....then you expand out from there....have fun with choosing!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
I have a Grizzly and I have shot a guy's Super K a handful of times. Can't say I have a strong preference; like them both just fine. Never played with a Super Grizzly.
SWA Spyder

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 09:27:00 AM »
I love my Grizzly and liked it better than super grizzly. Never shot super Kodiak but don't use a ff on a grizzly. If you want ff compatible you need super grizzly or Kodiak
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
With your long draw you ought to think hard about that 64" bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©