3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Value of the classifieds  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Value of the classifieds
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
I do a lot of shopping in the classifieds and have always had excellent dealings. You won't find a better class of people than you can find on tradgang    :thumbsup:
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »
I have no problem paying for that option because I have no worry's here where other forums I just have no idea who I'm dealing with and I have been burnt 3 times.  

before the contributor option when anyone could make ads there was a guy we all thought was legit try to keep my money I sent and not answer me back when I never got the goods and then one of the moderators here not only got my money back but also caught the guy for using two different handles under different names and that guy is now on the scammers list.

with what we have in place now,,,, I have no problem sending money first, I never have no worry's dealing anyone.
"Us vs Them"

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
The integrity of buy buyer doesn't mean much to me.  I only accept paypal anyways and don't ship until payment is cleared and in my account.  Buying from the Tradgang Classifieds makes me feel alot better about sending someone who I've never met money for a bow they're sure I'll like.    :archer2:
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tajue17:

before the contributor option when anyone could make ads there was a guy we all thought was legit try to keep my money I sent and not answer me back when I never got the goods and then one of the moderators here not only got my money back but also caught the guy for using two different handles under different names and that guy is now on the scammers list.

with what we have in place now,,,, I have no problem sending money first, I never have no worry's dealing anyone.
Thank you.....there are a lot of clueless na-sayers that have no idea what all we were dealing with but yet they thought they knew everything....said it wouldn't work....

They were wrong.

Thanks again....    :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »
I don't even look at it as paying to use the classifieds. I look at it as contributing to a great site that I really enjoy, as s means to keep it that way.

Bisch

Offline Soilarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
I live in a rural area. I will assume that many here do as well, some even more rural than myself.

I can burn $20-40 in gas and having to grab a bite at a gas station or some burger-box in purchasing things. This isn't to mention the cost od just "shopping".

I have also had online dealings that were not "smooth" per say. In the past, I've been fortunate for all my tradgang dealings to smooth. What's that worth? We as a society pay triple for coffee if in a Keurig thing because it's convenient. (Don't get me started on $5 Starbucks.)

The Classifieds' price is a good value. In the end, it is a service that pays for itself if you buy just 2 or 3 pieces of kit a year.

And it is certainly a service. The admins here incur "headache and woe" for having a classifieds and the forum is not operated for free.

There you have my two cents, I'm sure everyone feels a sense a relief now.     :shaka:
Micah 6:8

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »
I don't look at it as paying to access the classified, I look at it as supporting Trad Gang. Trad Gang is a site I enjoy every day and have developed some true friends from this site. Saving hundreds of $$$ on bows, arrows, quivers, books, broadheads, clothing and more is just a bonus.

Browsing the classifieds with my morning coffee is a great way to start the day    :thumbsup:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Very happy to donate, great people.

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Couldn't agree more.

All my dealings here at TradGang have been ethical and everyone is courteous,  treating others as they wish to be treated.

Classifieds is a valuable and worthwhile part of a great site.

Thanks Terry and Gang!
Irv Eichorst

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
Hey when I was younger before the internet, ( Thank you Al Gore) We always subscribed to the local newspaper. And you had to pay for the paper and if you used the classifieds your paid per line for that. So paying a little is good with me and I can enjoy the threads and free classifieds for one year at a time for about 12 cents a day.

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:00 AM »
Agree with Ron.  Worth price of admission.  Just bought a dozen 2020 shafts from Matty. Great communication!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »
Wish I had re-upped on October 1, but with a third of the year's term in the past already, I suppose I'll catch  up in the fall.  I wish there was a pro-rated option, but fully understand why that could quickly become too complicated...

Between health issues and creeping age, I need to be wise and trying to thin out some nice bows and gear like my King of the Mountain stuff.  I thought about the big auction site, but feel way more confident working with folks here I have trusted for 15 years.

Too soon old, too late smart!  I'll try to have my ducks in a row next time.

Good to hear so many are still enjoying the classifieds successfully.   :archer:
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
I agree $30 isn't bad to be able to use the classifieds. but that's not the bad part. So far this year, and it's only Feburary it has cost me $375.
 But,I got some wool in like new condition for less than half price, being cheap I would have never paid full price for new.  And just bought Jefferys bow that I have wanted for years, for a great price.  ( the bow because I borrowed a light weight one years ago to help rehab a shoulder and loved the way it shot, and it's  made by a local archery great)
 If dealing with  members here I feel very confident that any deal will be a smooth transaction, especially if they are long time members.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
I re-upped as a contributor last week and as a lefty was surprized at the number of left handed bows for sale.  I nearly bought the J.D. Berry by Bladepeek and really don't need any more bows.  That being said I enjoy seeing what's out there and have never had any issues dealing with fellow trad gangers.  Jim
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
A lot of great people on this site, and I still enjoy following PowWow, but I have moved to other sites for bow sales and purchases.

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »
I enjoy looking at the classifieds, and I buy sell and trade a few bows a year, just bought one off the classifieds, and have one listed.

In the last year or so I have sold a couple bows they were listed here, but I seem to have better luck and more exposure on other sites and that's where they were sold.

Maybe I am lucky but I have been buying, selling, trading, for over 10 years on several sites, I have never had a bad deal. The traditional archery community is a great bunch of people. I know in every group there are a few bad apples, caution, communication and common sense go a long way, in helping to avoid those few folks.

JMHO....Pat
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
I was a classified member for a few years mostly just to look although I bought a few small things thru the classifieds. I will probably renew next time around because I miss shopping and not buying much.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
I have bought bows, arrows, quivers, sleeping bag, tabs, gloves, bow rest materials through this site. I have not had a bad deal yet.

It reunited me with a childhood friend that I had lost track of.  I have made some really good friends, and the information gained here? Priceless.  There are so many pluses that I would support it financially whether it had the classifieds or not.
Gary
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:00 AM »
It's a modest fee and well worth the money. I'd be happy to pay it even if i didn't buy or trade stuff, just to help maintain the site. It's is a platform for all sorts of other valuable information as well.  Information that wouldn't be available if the site didn't exist.  

It costs money and time to buy and maintain the servers and programming to maintain this site.  If Terry makes a few bucks on the deal, good for him. Websites don't run on thanks alone.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©