3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear T/D limb choices  (Read 615 times)

Offline Red Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear T/D limb choices
« on: February 10, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
I am almost ready to commit to a new set of limbs for my 1973 "B" riser but am not sure on who to go with.
The options seem to be: The new Bear limbs, Rose Oak or the new Bigfoot semi statics.
I would appreciate any comments on those with experience with these limbs/bowyers or any other recommendations.

Thanks

Red Dwarf

Offline Elk whisperer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear T/D limb choices
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
I have rose oaks and new bear limbs think Im leaning towards the new bear limbs both are great my bear limbs are longer I think that's why I favor them
The older I get the better I was

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »
I have Rose Oak limbs, I have Bears and on Kirk's list. I will compare my #3 Rose Oak and#3 Bear limbs. The Rose Oak's are 5# lighter but I use the same arrow. Both hit the target in the same area. So IMO they outperform the Bear's. That is my experience yours may vary.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »
I've had lots of Bear limbs old and new. I think they are very fine limbs but I wouldn't trade my Rose Oaks for a set. I haven't tried any others than these two brands.

Offline Mo0se

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:33:00 PM »
I REALLY like my new Bear limbs, the narrower tapers and smaller limb tips are good performers. They feel great, and have good performance. They are a tad longer, I had a 61" string made for them before they arrived, and once strung the lowest brace I could get was almost 9". So I ordered another string. I have a "B" riser and #3 limbs, two sets. I tried a 61.5" string I had and the brace was still above 8" I put a 62" string on mine and that is perfect for mine. Braces at 7.5" with a 62" string. Oh and by NEW I mean 2015 limbs.
A longbow and wood arrows? Peas and Carrots!

Offline Red Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 01:15:00 AM »
I've heard a few people praising the new Bear limbs. I wasn't aware that they were longer than their ancestors though.
I am really tempted by the limbs that Kirk is offering, but have zero experience with either semi-static or static.
Brandon appears to have a great reputation also; an embarrassment of riches in the Bear limb department!

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
Have two sets of Rose Oak and two sets from Dave Windauer. Can't go wrong with either ones.

Offline stocker56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
Hey Martyn, I found the new bear red tips to be very comparable to Brandon's limbs. What weight limbs are you looking for?
The brotherhood of man is taken too lightly. The brotherhood of the bow is not. --- Craig Stocker

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
The problem with Bear is they no longer make #2s. The Rose Oaks are as good a set of limbs as any maker on any bow.
I'm waiting on my second set of Rose Oaks right now.

Offline Red Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
Hi Craig

Ideally I would like limbs close to 48# if possible.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
You will never be sorry that you have Rose Oak limbs on your bow. As mentioned above, you will get an extra 5# of performance over the Bear FF limbs.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »
I have 2 pairs of Rose Oaks. Brandon's work is second to none. I also have a pair of newer Bear limbs. They are less expensive and you'll most likely get them quicker. As far as performance, the Bears are #1's and Brandon's are both #3's. Tough to really compare. But, the #3's are really smooth.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 04:08:00 AM »
I don't have any of the most recent Bear limbs,but I love so much the Rose Oaks ones that I don't see any reason why I have to change. They are very smooth,quiet and super fast
On a A riser I like #2 ,while on B #1.they don't stuck at 29".
I think the Bear TD with those limbs is the quitest recurve I own.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Cody Greenwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »
I just picked up a new Bear TD. I was planning on ordering aftermarket limbs but after shooting the new limbs I am very impressed.

Offline Cody Greenwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
I just picked up a new Bear TD. I was planning on ordering aftermarket limbs but after shooting the new limbs I am very impressed.

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
I agree with Thomas and Joe.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »
Brandon makes a fine set of limbs, but the newer, red tipped Bear limbs are cheaper and very competitive on the performance side. If money is not an issue buy from Brandon. He is a great guy who provides an outstanding product.   :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©