3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Colorado mulies....  (Read 974 times)

Offline BlackDog

• Trad Bowhunter
Colorado mulies....
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Have never hunted for mulies before and would like to start learning an area to hunt. Are there any high alpine units with decent bucks that a guy can draw at least every other year or so. Have done a little research and it seems the southwest corner is popular. Would prefer a wilderness unit to hunt, was thinking about the uncompahgre wilderness as a starting point. Have hunted the south san juan wilderness for elk and have not seen that many deer (of course it is thick timber where we elk hunt).
        Reading some of G. Freds old stories gave me the idea to start now before I am too old to climb the hills. Not wanting to know anyone's secret spots, just a general idea. Thanks for any help.

David

Offline GBTG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Colorado mulies....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
Blackdog,
FYI Colorado 1 point mule deer areas include Unit 21/30,54,55,67,681. 2 point units are Unit 66,76,851. This is the best most recent info I've found. Good Luck with your hunt.
Dave

Offline BlackDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Hey, thanks for the help I will look into those areas.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
Blackdog, don't want to jack your thread but I'm interested in doing this as well in '08. I will have 3 points then. I'd like a combo elk/deer tag. Anyone know areas that are good draw areas for deer and also OTC elk? GBTG will any of the above areas work? THANKS!
Mike Davenport

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Units 54,55, and 681 I beleive are all OTC elk.  Have elk hunted there and saw a few mulies but nothing big.  The West Elk Wilderness is in 54 and 55 so you can get away from the 4-wheelers if you like.  681 I have just scouted but after seeing how many people were on 4-wheelers I didn't waste my time trying to hunt it.  Hope this helps.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©