3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Magnus Classic Single Bevel  (Read 1712 times)

Offline mlsthmpsn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Magnus Classic Single Bevel
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by BowHunterGA:
They are priced per 6 pack. For now at least if you are interested in a screw in model then shoot me a message and lets discuss what weight you are looking for. I can glue them up for you and keep the price lower than selling a screw in model. Those are sold in packs of 3 instead of 6.
What weight adapters will you have for the screw-in version? (just thinking about down the road for the arrows you are sending me next week.)

:thumbsup:
MT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. - Psalm 69:1

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
I homemade some Mag I`s single bevel years ago. They were some kinda sharp and deadly. Outstanding. RC

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
What weight adapters will you have for the screw-in version? (just thinking about down the road for the arrows you are sending me next week.)

:thumbsup:  [/b]
Miles,

I have 25, 30, 40, 75 and 100 grain adapters in stock and can get a couple other weights. I also stock the 125 grain Ace adapters that are a combo adapter and insert. The Ace adapters are brass.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
I have gotten a few more orders for Right Bevel heads so I will get these ordered tomorrow. If anyone else wants a pack of right bevels let me know so I can add to this order. I will be getting a few extras to keep in stock but it would help if I can add them to this order.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
what is the benifit to a single bevel over double?
Slickhead

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »
I think you have a winner here.  Not everyone needs HEAVY single bevels, especially glue ons.  Thanks
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 09:27:00 PM »
Man-O-Man... been a HUGE fan of the 160 gr. Classics for years, but I've really had the itch to try a good single-bevel but hated to give up my Classics... now I don't have to - best of both worlds!!!

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Slickhead:
what is the benifit to a single bevel over double?
Generally people who use single bevels do so for it's bone breaching characteristics. Sometimes people will reference S cuts, or the "starburst" effect in soft organ tissue.  PM me if you want more info.

Corey, you're welcome!

RC: So a Yankee in a Prius pulls up to a BBQ joint in central Georgia and asks where the salad bar is... There's a punchline, you can make up any joke you want    :laughing:  

Randy, I'm pretty excited about this one too. Tracking number says I get mine tomorrow!!!
Thom

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Everyone that has messaged me for right bevel heads. I have them on order and should have them in a little over a week. I did order several additional packs but a few folks have already contacted me so even those are going fast. Thanks everyone for the orders. If you still would like a pack but have not ordered pm me and I will get you squared away asap with your own.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 03:06:00 AM »
?

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 03:11:00 AM »
One of the homemade Mag I`s I made with a file into single bevel. RC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:00 AM »

2 days hunts.RC

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Hey RC, I was just chuckling thinking about something really funny you said during one of the Hill Gang hunts. Apparently it left more of an impression on me than you. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I took a few minutes to modify my first one to the tanto tip and I think it turned out really good!

Only lost 2-3 grains. Scale is wavering between 146 and 147. Now I just need to wait for my 1 piece insert/adapters to arrive and I can glue this up and shoot it. Hopefully this week, got a pig hunt coming up pretty quick!
Thom

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by sticksnstones:
Hey RC, I was just chuckling thinking about something really funny you said during one of the Hill Gang hunts. Apparently it left more of an impression on me than you. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I took a few minutes to modify my first one to the tanto tip and I think it turned out really good!

Only lost 2-3 grains. Scale is wavering between 146 and 147. Now I just need to wait for my 1 piece insert/adapters to arrive and I can glue this up and shoot it. Hopefully this week, got a pig hunt coming up pretty quick!
Thom
Looks good. I'll be doing this to mine
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
Yeah, I think it looks pretty good all touched up and mounted. Really want to go shoot something with it, too bad I'm stuck at the keyboard today!

I couldn't resist myself, I had a few adapters that were close to the weight I wanted so I decided to do one up yesterday. Will save the rest for when the heavier ones come in.

Thom

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
For everyone that contacted me an orderedd right bevel heads I have them in and I think I have contacted everyone and will ship them out tomorrow. If you ordered and have not heard from me please shoot me a pm.

I now have plenty of both right and left bevels in stock and ready to ship.

I can also install adapters if you need a screw in head. I have adapters from 30 to 100 grains and several sizes in between.

Here are some heads I am glueing up for a couple customers, one set is for Jamie Printz. His is using 100 grain steel adapters and they are glued up with JB Weld for a permanent fit. I clean all parts with denatured alcohol to remove any oil residue, these I am using JB Weld to glue them permanently and then spin test. They arrive ready to shoot!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Curious of the edge angle - 20 degrees, 25 degrees, etc.?

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zbone:
Curious of the edge angle - 20 degrees, 25 degrees, etc.?
I will try to get you the specifics on the angle tomorrow.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
We just added a blog article on the Magnus Single bevel including a video by Thom Jorgensen (sticksnstones) on his method for creating the tanto tip on these heads.

You can see the article and the video here.
   Magnus Classic Single Bevel Tanto Tip How To

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©