3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FMJ 6mm?  (Read 429 times)

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
FMJ 6mm?
« on: February 19, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
What the hell is the FMJ 6mm? Is it different from the Axis Standard and what about the Nano?   :knothead:    :banghead:
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FMJ 6mm?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »
The key is in the nock size that fits the 6mm arrows...they are an H nock arrow while the "old" FMJ we are used to uses the X nock

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
It appears that Easton is marketing that particular aluminum clad arrow for the same price as their similar all carbon arrows

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
No they are not axis sized FMJ, easton now sell arrows according to internal size diameter in metric international system
4 mm (0.166" micro diameter shaft like Victory VAP) 5mm ( 0.204" HIT insert axis size arrow) 6mm ( 0.235" hp  same size of beman center shot shafts size ) and 6.5mm ( 0.246" standard 5/16 shaft)
Those 6mm fm just are carbon alloy shaft in the same diameter than aftermath shafts or beman centershot. Most probably a cheap ACC shaft but with the alloy outside.

Felix i found that an axis carbon shaft with HIT insert and footed with gold tip ballistic collar is extremely tough and cost effective and MUCH tougher than fmj axis as collar is overlapping over the carbon and shaft will not bend and loose the straitness over time like fmj
Size large for collar is perfect for .300 and .260 spine and axis traditional .340

La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »
They are along the lines of their new H-size arrows like their Wildthing and Bloodline.They are FMJ like Axis FMJ but use their H-nocks or standard H-size inserts or you can use their H-size 50-75 gr. brass inserts like the ones that come with Beman Centershots.They only come in 3 spines,a 470,390 and 320 spine.

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Dunno 'bout that but I'm wonderin' if they'll shoot out of my Ruger 6mm.  I generally use partitions for two-hole penetration but if they can shoot arrows with airguns I suppose a 6MM arrow might be worth a try.  

Does it kick much?     :biglaugh:

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »
Damn it,I have 10 doz of the old FMJ. Well it is better that I plan a couple of African hunts.   :biglaugh:
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
The new 6mm use a standard type insert like the Aftermath instead of the HIT.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
The H series diameter ARROWS whether it's a Centershot or the Aftermath and Ion and a few others out there. Have been a long time favorite of mine for durability tunability and they also eliminate the hit system in the thinner diameter arrows. The hit system really seems to be a weak spot in all of Easton's thin arrows. And this is a nice way of getting rid of that system and making an aluminum Carbon arrow in a thin setup.
I've always been a big fan of these arrows and this is just another nice addition to the eastern line up with an aluminum coating on the outside of a carbon arrow.
I honestly won't say that these are better than a full metal jacket I think that's comparing apples to apples.

If you have not tried the carbon aluminum world this is a good arrow to start with.
Gary
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
I shoot FMJ's, and have not had any issues with the durability of the arrow due to the HIT system. I love my FMJ's!

Bisch

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
I have been using FMJ also but like the idea of being able to use a standard insert vice he hit.
T ZZZZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©