3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help quiet my MOAB  (Read 911 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help quiet my MOAB
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »
If the string came from Jim it's not the string.... comes all mine came with Jim's strings and none of them are loud.

A different string still make fix it but its covering up something else that's really causing it
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
So, still tinkering with this bow and noticed a few things. I tried the bow spit fingers and it was much quieter.

So I went back and checked the tiller with my bow square measuring from the string to the limb at the fade outs. The top limb is 1/8 stiffer than the bottom. I checked my 2 other thundersticks that are tillers for 3 under and they measured even. Never had a bow with negative tiller before but not sure if it is normal for this design.

Now it doesn't seem like a lot but do you think that could be causing this bow to be loud? And should I call Jim and see about getting it fixed, or is this in the normal range.
God Bless

Numunuu

Offline 9 Shocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Did you try possibly building a little ledge or like a hump that the arrow could sit on that might move your whole nock set up 1/8-3/16's of an inch to maybe get the limbs bending different?
60” Bear Mag Takedown 47@28
58” Schafer Silvertip recurve 47@27
58" Primaltech Longbow 48@28

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
9 shocks, didn't think of that but will give it a try. I do love this bow, just need to massage her into being quiet. I told my wife if I couldn't quiet this bow down I was gonna name it after her.
God Bless

Numunuu

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 12:38:00 PM »
I GOT IT QUIET!! I put some trimmed cat whiskers on the string so I could slide them up and down, then started shooting. Once I slid the cat whiskers about an inch closer to the nock it was like I had a different bow in my hand!! I got not quiet, but silent! Man you shoulda seen my grin!

Funny thing is that now she shoots quiet at almost any brace height. I settled on 6.75 for brace and she is like a kitten in my hands.

Thanks for all the tips, I talked to Jim yesterday too let him know I got it and he said that my next MOAB will be done soon!

Man I love this bow! She's my new best hunting partner!
God Bless

Numunuu

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©