3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!  (Read 135741 times)

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH bug got me ... Part One!
« Reply #12760 on: January 27, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by BCWV:
I made this quiver a few weeks back and just finished building a bow to go with it.

It's 66", 49@26, bacote riser, actionboo cores, brown glass on the back and white on the belly.

It's my second bow and my first glass bow. It shoots very well and has very little hand shock. I just finished it up today and had to post a couple pics.
 Brad
nice job, it looks great  :clapper:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12761 on: January 27, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12762 on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by BCWV:
I made this quiver a few weeks back and just finished building a bow to go with it.
That's really cool!  :thumbsup:

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12763 on: January 27, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
Great looking bow Brad.  I would love to build one myself someday.  And that quiver looks sweet as well.  Goes great with the new bow.  Good luck with both.  

Can you post a closeup of the riser?  Thanks.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline bicster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12764 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Great build Brad! I hope to see them at the WVBA banquet.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12765 on: January 27, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
I was looking at the american leathers, i keep thinking about them but the money drop on something i don't know if ill like keeps scaring me off.  Shawn is looking for his old Hill glove to send up to me to give it a try and if I like it ill order one and if not ill probably just order the cross over.  Thanks guys
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12766 on: January 27, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
No glory for me on the pheasant hunt,arrows were corkscrews. Still a good day in the field, going to make up some real flu flus for the next try.

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12767 on: January 27, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Brianlocal3-

Checkout Black Widow's Stick-Tight glove. I did a google search, and it got great reviews. On another site their a fella name Ol'man gave it great reivews, and a year later came back and said he's still happy with it. Another fella said he's made over 25,000 shots and the glove is still in good shape. They sell for $20.00, very affordable. I'm thinking about trying one.
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12768 on: January 27, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
You Know What? You all drive me NUTS!!!  Here I go all ready to order my  "very last bow" AGAIN..... for the 3rd time  and instead of getting another Great Northern or trying a Mohawk  this last time I get on This HH bug saga site and read a few  posts and before I know it 4.5 hours have gone by and I have read and re-read through most of these 800 + threads and I've NOW got to get another HH again!. Thanks  a lot guys.
So Anyway I am narrowing it down to a Tembo, Half Breed or Owl this one last time for absolutely positive for sure. If Tembo or Breed it will be caramelized Bamboo, Padauk Riser on all, clear glass. I am 5' 7.5" tall going with 66" bow, 45-48# @26.5"draw. Any Thoughts on performance differences in these 3 limb choices??  Thanks for any words of comparative wisdom. 7C

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12769 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
All things being equal I think the Tembo will me smoother.  Are you gonna get a back set, straight or string follow?
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Sixgun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12770 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
I can now make a contribution to this thread!

Here is my new to me Northern Mist Whisper. It's 66" 51# at 27".

I'm now working on learning how to shoot it consistently.

Ray
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there.

Fred Bear

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12771 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Nala, I have finished 2 blanks from 7Lakes.  I like how they turned out.
This one has the strip of carbon for the backing and clear glass over elm on the belly. I decided to try no side plate and really like how it shoots.  This one is 66", osage riser, 48#@26 1/2"

This is what it looked like when I received it from Mike.  He will cut in the shelf if you want.

I wanted to add handle overlays and it is easier if the handle is square.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12772 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
Here is what the tips look like before.

Mike also provides the tip and handle overlay materials.

The great thing about the blanks is that the hard work is done by someone who knows what he is doing. You get to do the fun part of finishing and customizing to get the draw weight and grip size and style exactly the way you want it.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12773 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
Seven crows, I've owned a couple of Cheetahs, a Halfbreed, a Tembo (from a blank) and a Redman (from a blank).  I'd hate to have to choose just one, but it would probably be the Tembo. If you can get just one and have it be the "last one" you have more will power than most of us.

Tembo

Redman

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12774 on: January 27, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
Very nice Whisper!

Fine job finishing those out Greg, especially like your tips!

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12775 on: January 27, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by mikebiz:

Can you post a closeup of the riser?  Thanks.
Here's the best one I have loaded on Photobucket now Mike.

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12776 on: January 27, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
ChrisM, new bow will be a straight limb. And after reading all these posts again My main decision is if there is noticeable performance  difference in 3 laminations of bamboo (Tembo) vs 4 lams in the half breed yew and bamboo. I emailed Craig at HH and he thinks half breed is best, but many on here seem to prefer the Tembo. Soooo????  this is where all this valuable real world experience on this thread I hope can help. Thanks for the imput.

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12777 on: January 27, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
When I talked to Craig when I got my last bow he said he liked the Half Breed due to looks and it still had the feel of some Boo.  I prefer Boo though.  Just know that if you get carmelized Boo it will not be one countinous piece.  It multiple strips.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12778 on: January 27, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
thanks for the pics by the way Greg. After seeing all the Hills on here ya just don't want/need anything else. Just more of them.

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12779 on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Chris M, can you explain further about multiple pieces in caramelized boo. Is there more then one piece in outer layers? hows that possible? hmm? Any differences in performance over regular. Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©