3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!  (Read 140572 times)

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH bug got me ... Part One!
« Reply #7240 on: February 01, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Chris pm sent
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7241 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
You guys know I'm not taking orders right now...a good bow  is for sale on the classifieds now....

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7242 on: February 02, 2012, 04:31:00 AM »
Spoil sport ....
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7243 on: February 02, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
sunset hill,

That is a sweet looking bow and would force me into some sort of training regimen to shoot it comfortably  :)   It's heck living the life of a wimpy kid  :)  LOL!
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7244 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by tradlongbow:
Originally posted by Kelly:
[QB] white glass back-no belly glass and a strip of carbon just underneath the white glass, all yew handle, 66" length, 45# @ 28" with Nate's Antique finish.

Kelly-

I'm thinking about going with carbon on my next Hill bow. I had carbon in other bows that were extremely fast, but they were stiffer to draw. What's your opionion on the carbon?

Darren [/b]
Well. I'll try my best mind you have only shot it a few times. Have a Pacific Yew longbow, all yew lams and handle(absolutely love the look of aged yew) with clear glass back and belly that seems more shocky than Nate's and is also lighter by 10# and longer by 4" so that might have something to do with it.

Have a Schulz split bamboo that is 2" shorter and 3# lighter that is totally smooth on the draw and release. "Thank Yew", which is what Nate named the bow, guess because I sent him a bunch of aged yew lams and a block of yew for my handle, is very smooth on the draw till the last few inches and slightly more thump upon release than the Schulz but way less than the Pacific Yew and a lightweight Hill Big Five that I also own. Mind you that this slight thump is barely noticeable and normally wouldn't even mention it but you asked for comparison.

Speed wise can't really say but since it has quite a bit of string follow(about 2") one would think it to be slower but feel the carbon helps in this fashion a bunch. From judging speed by the spine of arrows shot the Schulz(has about an inch of string follow) would be faster since I can not shoot 45-49# spine from it but can from the Sunset Hill.

All in all, am tickled pink with the bow and as I and Thank Yew become intimately famliar with each other will be able to give you all more opinions.

Rick, don't worry about it being too purty to bear hunt with-it already has battle scars(two chips). Put it back on the rack in garage after taking pictures and before I could get into the house I heard a bunch of noise coming from the bow rack. Upon gazing around the corner there were bows and arrows everywhere. Don't know what happened as the pegs were still in place and several bows still on them. I have several layers of my bow rack and at the very top are some highly decorative arrows that were given to me. Then below if is a row of 3 longbow and below that was my Schulz and Sunset Hill. Well the arrows and two bows from the top rack and the Thank Yew were laying all over the floor and work bench. Something started this but just imagine a chinese firedrill and you'll get the point of what it looked like. Every item was not hurt, except the newest Thank Yew. It now has two chips out of the yew lams on the side of one limb so now it is definitely ready to hunt.

Thanks Nate!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7245 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
"It now has two chips out of the yew lams on the side of one limb so now it is definitely ready to hunt."

Kelly,

Just think of the tales you could spin over those chips!  Good campfire fodder.  A bear in Stanley is awaiting your arrival.    :thumbsup:  

Ray
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7246 on: February 02, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
Man ... i pity thsoe waiting for Nate's bows ... coz I feel their pain ! What a pretty bow ... and it just looks like its made to hunt with .

I love all sorts of bows ... but a hunting bow should look like Nate's new creation ... and Kelly owes us photo's of it out in the field .

Did I mention I like yew ?

If it was good enough for that fella in Sherwood , its gotta be good enough for me .....
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7247 on: February 02, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Sounds like there are some jealous bows in your rack Kelly.  You might want to seperate them till they can get along.

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7248 on: February 02, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunset hill:
You guys know I'm not taking orders right now...a good bow  is for sale on the classifieds now....
The problem is that they are always to short... I need at least a 70"...

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7249 on: February 03, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ben Maher:
Man ... i pity thsoe waiting for Nate's bows ...
I don't, I'm jealous they got on the list before Nate realized he was up to his eyeballs....
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7250 on: February 03, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by canopyboy:

Originally posted by Ben Maher:
Man ... i pity thsoe waiting for Nate's bows ...
I don't, I'm jealous they got on the list before Nate realized he was up to his eyeballs.... [/b]
I know that I am blessed to be on the list and I am totally in Nate and Spanky's debt for it.

Without any thought other than helping out someone else Spanky gave up his place on Nate's build list so that I could get one of Nate's treasures.

Thank you Spanky! and thank you Nate!

It won't be much longer and you will be in for a treat as I will gladly share photos of my "Buddy" bow.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7251 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Hey does anyone here have a John Schulz Cheetah? If so can you post some pics?

« Reply #7252 on: February 03, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
Had one, I had film pics of it around here somewhere, it was quite different than the standard bow in subtle ways. Comparing them side by side it was more obvious. If I could get one in a left hander of that same design I would jump all over it. Mine was accurate and very quick.

Offline tg2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7253 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
John Schultz Cheetah?
Any information 'bout that bow?
Riser, Limbs, etc.
German by birth, Bavarian by the grace of god

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7254 on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Just picked up a new ( to me ) Schulz this week. Waiting on a new stringer so I can shoot it but just had to get some pics of this beauty up to share with everyone. Bow is like new, the grip is the only part of this bow that shows any signs of use.

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7255 on: February 03, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Great looking bow Steve!!!
When you say "new Schulz" ...do you mean new to you or newly made???  
There had been some discussion last year about one of Mr. Schulz's sons making Schulz American Longbows again.
Thanks!
Kevin
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7256 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Thanks for catching that Kevin. The bow is new to me but is an original Trophy hunter made by John Schulz himself. This one is a 68" version. I can't wait to shoot it!!

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7257 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
Steve, any word on your NM Classic?

Eric

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7258 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Eric,

Spoke with Steve Turay earlier in the week. USPS has currently lost the bow. Last location was in WI, but no information after that and it was last scanned there on 1/25/12. I fear the bow is lost or damaged but until it turns up or 30 days pass there is nothing to do. Bow was insured so it is 100% covered. Steve even offered to build me a replacement as soon as he found out it was missing. ( Talk about a stand up guy and great customeer service!!!) For now I asked that he hold off on building a new bow until we know what happened to the bow or the 30 days is up. I feel it is not his fault the bow is missing, I can wait till we no for sure. I am sure Steve will take care of me once we know.

Just my luck though as this was my first custom bow.   :banghead:

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7259 on: February 04, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »
USPS has currently lost the bow. Last location was in WI, but no information after that and it was last scanned there on 1/25/12
Dang it does that mean I have to give the bow that fell off the mail truck back?   :laughing:  
In all seriousness sorry about your luck, a Northern Mist is on my wish list and hearing about that customer service may have been the push I needed to make a phone call.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©