3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!  (Read 139827 times)

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH bug got me ... Part One!
« Reply #8660 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
Rik my friend...I have a new canvas tent on order just in time to bear hunt in....and to stay in at the Safari...oh what fun.   The broadheads are ready and I am itchin to roam the hills for bear so I will probably be out this weekend to see what's happening with the ursine populatiin....

White Eagle is anxious for drawing bear blood....

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8661 on: May 02, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I hope I have a computer up and running by the time Name and Til start posting pictures of dead brains taken with "Sherwood" bows.

I am hating on my computer...sucks that it got southern fried during one of the most violent thunder and lightening storms I've ever witnessed.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline jbat73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8662 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Keep the Faith Mudd, more time to take the lonbow to the woods, J   :thumbsup:
White Mountain Traditional Bowhunters

Granite State Bowhunters

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8663 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
Nate, I have shot about three hundred arrows through the bow. All I can say is I love it. Now I just need to find the right arrows for it.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8664 on: May 02, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
shooting good for you huh Rush?  that's fine...  ;)     you know, that one really needs woodies...  :)

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8665 on: May 02, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I'm shooting some woodies that are 65-69 with 125 up front and they are flying ok, I' thinking bumping it up a notch to 145. BTW the grip is perfect for my hands.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8666 on: May 02, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
The reason I ask about the bent bow arm is my arrows like to go where I look more often when I consciously put in a bend, and I can't tell why...a slight bend isn't quite as effective to me.  I can't figure it out.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8667 on: May 02, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Rushlush I ordered some woodies from Paul Jalon at Elite arrows. If they flew any better I would have to shoot them one at a time to keep them from busting up nocks. Yep I really like my Sunset Hill named Ol' Mac after my dad. Oh Paul likes to send you a test kit so you get exactly what you need.
 You guys going bear hunting try to to become the hunted and end up being a meal! I got one of my childhood movie favorites on dvd "Grizzly" make sure ya'll watch it before headin out!

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8668 on: May 02, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Mike thanks for the info, its funny you mention that because this is the bow I'm taking on my bear hunt in September. LOL

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8669 on: May 02, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Rush...don't let Darren see the bow  ;)

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8670 on: May 03, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
I've been reading this thread and have been very interested.  This is my first post to it, so I thought I'd try to do make it with a little bit of style.  I picked this up off the classifieds here from a fellow "Hillganger".  Only been able to shoot it the last few days, but I couldn't be happier.

My new to me HHA Redman...

Specs are 68" 45#@28".  Ebony riser, yew limbs, and antler limb tips.  Shooting a full length ST Epic .600 with 250gr tip.  I'm enjoying it!
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Offline toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8671 on: May 03, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
You know brother was over today and getting him into traditional Longbow hunting, and was looking at my Bow rack and realized what was missing (besides another Nate bow).  A Howard Hill longbow from Craig, made just for us TRADGANG.  Wonder if he would do it?

Offline Rossco7002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8672 on: May 03, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Wow! Sweet looking bow and good shooting. Also, stand by for plenty of 'that bow will prefer woodies' type advice. Lol.

Enjoy!
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Offline benmmc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8673 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Nice Redman! Love that ebony riser.

:thumbsup:
"We are men of action; lies do not become us." -Wesley

Offline MT Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8674 on: May 04, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »
I love my Redman also, they are great bows, that Yew is something.  Is your backset, straight , or string follow?

Congrats on a great bow.
Craig Ekins;
70" -60LB "Robin Hood",string follow  #47 of 50. LE
68" -70Lb Redman, string follow all YEW. "Yewlogy"
68" -75Lb@28. 3 lam Boo. String Follow- "LegendStick"

Ron Maulding : 68" Big Horn , Boo and Osage. 78#@27.

David Miller: Old Tom

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8675 on: May 04, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I'm thinking that was the redman I was contemplating in the classifieds a few weeks ago.  Hard not to pull the trigger on that one.  Congrats!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8676 on: May 04, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by MT Longbow:
I love my Redman also, they are great bows, that Yew is something.  Is your backset, straight , or string follow?

Congrats on a great bow.
It's straight set. It was pretty amazing; I was looking at Craig's website and couldn't decide between a Redman or a Cheetah. I ended up looking at the classifieds here and found this bow. I jumped on it. It was exactly what I was going to order.
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8677 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
EMT that is sweet, not only is it a beautiful bow, it looks like your getting it all dialed in. Im seeing some good shooting there. Congrats!   :thumbsup:

Offline WillyOfTheHood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8678 on: May 05, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Gentlemen, I don't know if I'm even worthy to enter a post on this thread-- you guys are so far ahead of me in the HH department-- but I've got to share this with some people who'll understand WHY I'm so hyped!!!
I have always wanted a HH bow and a few weeks back I came across one on **** of all places!! It was a "Wesley Special" (Craig Ekins) that the guy had up for a "Buy It Now" price of $400.00. Just posted that day!! Ebony Riser, ebony tip overlays and 66", 58# @ 28". LH- btw. Perfect for me! Just what I would have ordered if I could have had my way!! No lamination up the sweep, so you can see the riser on the belly side of the bow!!! Ad said it was like new, little used. Guy had great feedback, so I took a chance and bought it. I figured the price was right if it was like he advertised. When I got it, it was absolutely great!!! Better than I hoped!! Took it out to shoot and was absolutely hooked on HH longbows!!!
Fast forward to last week when I found out( I'm a truck driver) that I had an annual safety bonus coming that I had completely forgotten about!! So... I did the only sensible thing!! As soon as I had the bonus in the bank(yesterday) I called Montana and ordered another bow from Mr. Ekin!! It's almost a "Robin Hood"(4 yew lams and a bamboo lam) except that it will have buffalo horn tip overlays and a silver wolf inlay instead of a "Robin Hood" hat. It has the Texas Ebony riser, no lam on the sweep and the string-follow limbs. It's 66", 60#@28" and I'm so excited I can't stand it!!! I'm naming it "King Raven" after the trilogy by Stephen Lawhead that's a re-telling of the Robin Hood tale!!
Sorry about the long-winded post but I knew that, if there were any people who could sympathize with me, it would be on this thread!! I read TG a lot, but don't post very often, but I just couldn't keep this to myself!!!

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8679 on: May 05, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
Outstanding Willy, Im glad you are enjoying it, and wow that bug hit you hard and fast!!!! 2 Hills in a couple weeks.  

Also that King Raven trilogy is awsome.  A little indepth for my reading tastes, I like the Rangers Apprentice Series myself, but a very well told and different version of the Robin Hood story.
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©