3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!  (Read 139599 times)

Re: HH bug got me ... Part One!
« Reply #8960 on: May 28, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ric O'Shay:
If it were not for dreams, we'd have nothing to do in our spare time. Just like in the song by the Everly Bros. back in the 50's:

"When I want you, all I have to do, is dream, dream, dream, dream."

:laughing:    
:p  
The Everly bros...truly trad!
Dreamin' and Scheemin'

Offline Owlmagnet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8961 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
MT Longbow: Sir, I continue to admire your 3 lam, "Legend Stick" with the "narrow deep grip" and "narrower limbs". If I may ask, how thick and how deep is that grip? Also, how wide are your limbs at their widest point? Your new bow is very impressive and I wish you every possible success with it. Be well and good luck.

Bob Wilson

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8962 on: May 29, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
That's how my ShrewHill is built--not over one inch wide at any point on the bow and narrow, deep, straight grip.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8963 on: May 29, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Well,

got alot of snow this past weekend...about 6" accumulative up in the hills where I bear hunt...it had melted off by Monday afternoon and I'll get some pictures up this week sometime...

but, stuck in the trailer I got to read Sagittarius by Swinehart again, from front to back and noticed (again) that none of his bows had a sideplate on the arrow shelf,  and that the majority of the bows had white glass on the belly and brown or black glass on the back.

so, MT....your bow is as cool as ever! Hill, Schulz and Swinehart all shot with white glass bellies and no arrow sideplates.  ;)  and look at all the game they shot.

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8964 on: May 29, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Walked off into the woods barefoot this morning. As I cleared my head I drew up on a piece of dirt, {felt some tension in my draw fore-arm} and let it fly, close enough hit. As I walked towards my 50 something yard hit I contemplated the smooth fluid loose style that the masters have used. Thinking that there was no way that they had any tension in their fluid form, I collected my arrow. I looked at another spot, the dark shadow at the base of a exposed root, I swung up and pulled the nock to the corner of my lips and let it happen. About 8" to the right at 50 plus. I repeated this sequence a few times. I never "set up" the shot. I mearly stared at the spot, leaned in towards it, slightly leaning the head to the right  swung up and shot. Anytime I "tried" to add any form enhancing movements it would through tension into the fore arm/elbow, not to mention take forever to get it all the way back. The smooth spread draw, with, not erect posture, but not too slung over either, more like a boxer. Got good reliable hits inside 50yds, with 160g tipped cedars, 5" feathers, and 16strand dacron. Close but not exactaly "point on."
 I think the best part of this is the fact that this was achieved with a 25.75" draw.  Not to mention "no fiberglass."
 Gotta' be that 5.5" brace, ha ha.  
 Good times.

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8965 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
It's wonderful reading about the passion and dreams of fellow archers, even if I don't shoot a Hill myself!

Kudos to you all,
F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8966 on: May 29, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Ohhhh Manny,, you will ,, ;-)
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8967 on: May 29, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
Ok.  I have been reading this since page #1 and am on page 317.  Slow the #%€£ down so I can catch up.  Oh, I talked to Craig Ekin today and ordered another bow.

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8968 on: May 29, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
:readit:  
Craig has a new limited issue bow up on his web sight.
 http://www.howardhillarchery.com/ol-one-shot-limited-edition.html
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Rossco7002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8969 on: May 29, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
Why must Craig put me through all this??? I don't NEED another bow but I sure WANT that new limited...... Lol
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8970 on: May 30, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
That's a good looking bow!

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8971 on: May 30, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Miss one day checking in on the Hill Archery website and I miss the new limited edition bow. Nice looking.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8972 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Swampthing....

that's sums up how I shoot the best....just casual, fluid, no tension, look at the spot but don't induce tension by concentrating so hard my eyeballs pop out.

I'm absolutely amazed at how accurate long distance shooting can be by not using any point of aim, no gap shooting...just looking at the target and shooting without even holding at full draw...

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8973 on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Nate glad to see the bears didn't get you.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8974 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Nate is so tough he would just bite the bears back!   :laughing:
Longbows & Short Shots

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8975 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
WOW!!! Rushlush just bought the Sunset Hill on the St. Jude auction for $2000!  Truly a fantastic gesture...may he have many happy hunts with that bow. He raised his own bid four times bidding against himself.  :clapper:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8976 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
like my fellow lefty I'd offer my thanks and congrats to him ... and Nate for donating ...

Class acts , the both of you ......

Top Job Rushlush & Nate !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline MT Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8977 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Guys , been busy at work , but thanks for the compliments on the bow. Nate helped me by telling me about the shorter riser section for more work out of the limbs and about the 3lams vs more, less glue, more action!  Also I was inspired by my Ron Maulding bow on the narrowness of the limbs he made and how sweet the tips were, no overlays to slow things down.  I also really wanted to try the no leather on the shelf to see if I could get better feedback of the shot like Howard talked about, all in all it's my favorite bow. Love the shot, and the looks.

It's never more than one inch wide at any point on the limbs and the grip is 2 1/4 deep. The back of the grip is flat which helps the fingers have a flat spot to apply pressure straight back into the thumb for no torque pressure on the grip.  Makes for a great release....and without the leather shelf you can really hear when your plucking the string with the ring finger.  Instant feedback.
Craig Ekins;
70" -60LB "Robin Hood",string follow  #47 of 50. LE
68" -70Lb Redman, string follow all YEW. "Yewlogy"
68" -75Lb@28. 3 lam Boo. String Follow- "LegendStick"

Ron Maulding : 68" Big Horn , Boo and Osage. 78#@27.

David Miller: Old Tom

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8978 on: May 31, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »
I tried my best at the Sunset Hill but Rushlush deserves it more. Way to go Rushlush and thanks Nate for the donation   :clapper:

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8979 on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »
X2  

WAY TO GO Rushlush!

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    

And thank you for donating the TD longbow Nate!

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©