3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!  (Read 139297 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH bug got me ... Part One!
« Reply #9420 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
Today is a very sad day indeed.
I have been without power since Friday, and the days are stinky-muggy. My only escape is the vast array of pages on this thread, which I have been devouring most methodically in between charging my phone with an inverter in the truck.

I have run out of pages, I am all caught up. I am dirty and stinking and today will be another relentless double whammy of sun and humidity. Once I clear out my freezer with its trove of bleedy steaks, and my refrigerator with its museum of vintage sauces and jams, I will be reduced to laying here sweating and reading spam mail.

This thread is too small.
Killdeer   :banghead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9421 on: July 03, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
Killy, I'm sorry to hear of your plight..  :(  It's hot here too but we've got, power, air, and running water...   :)  Is there a lake or swimming hole in a river near you?...I think that's where I'd be headin if I was in your situation ...   :jumper:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9422 on: July 03, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Killy and the rest of you still without power my heart goes out for you.

Simply can't imagine what that must be like even though your description above pretty much tells it very plainly and to the point.

Remember some time back in the day when growing up and in our early married years when it was hot and humid but, at least, we had electricity so the fans could move air. Never had air in a house until 1994 and then only because we had moved to the southern desert of Idaho plus it came with hte house. Now can't imagine being without yet alone both it and electricity.

There must be some more threads on here you can read! Or find one of them cool springs up in the mountains!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9423 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
Oh moan, oh whine, oh broken ankle, oh poor little old me living where folks don't want the hassle of pulling dead folks out of the Potomac so no swimming, or lakes because they are reservoirs and I might accidentally pee in it...   :rolleyes:  

Just had a steak and feel better now. I think a trip to the mountains is in order. There must be some cool space near a creek that I can hobble to. With a six-pack!

Killdeer   :bigsmyl:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bowhunter713

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9424 on: July 03, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
I remember those days fondly   ;)  .  After Charlie, Francis, Jean & Ivan ran across FL, we had many a sticky night.  We were directly affected by Francis & Jean - 13 days & 15 days no power, respectfully.  I thanked God, I was blessed with a small generator to keep the frigs going so we didn't lose all the food we'd purchased waiting for the birth of our 3rd son.  We are not on city water, no electricity means no pump, so that little generator was used all day/night to keeps things somewhat going.  

My prayers go out to you Killdeer...
Bowhunter713 -
Sean G. Tierney

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9425 on: July 03, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
We had no warning on this particular type of storm. It carried winds up to 90mph, but was not trackable like a hurricane. A tulip poplar came down on our lines, and lies suspended, like a tribesman on a scaffold.

I, too, am taken back to sticky, sleepless nights of my childhood, when all the windows were open, the heat like a slow burglar filling the room, taking up all the bed and even the underside of the pillow.

Somewhere in here, there is a book I haven't read, and we will escape together to a glade. The pup will play, and I will renew my strength.

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9426 on: July 03, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
That brings back memories of hot sleepless nights before air conditioning..   :( ...We had a small deck outside our upstairs bedroom and on real hot nights we'd put down a blanket on the deck. I've never been one for PJ's... I sleep in my birthday suit. One hot night of sleepin outside we woke up  in the morning on the deck well after daylight. Cars were going by the house...and ...well we could'a been arrested for.....   :o ..   :dunno:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9427 on: July 03, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Killy, if you have an Iphone you can download a kindle app. Saxton and Pope's book was on there for free and perhaps it still is. Just a thought :-)
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9428 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
Ron, that and the mosquitoes are what keep me off of the balcony! I would be hauled away either as a public nuisance or an eyesore.    :D

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9429 on: July 03, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
 Ron, that and the mosquitoes are what keep me off of the balcony! I would be hauled away either as a public nuisance or an eyesore.    :D    
.....    :biglaugh:  

It's been so dry around here that I haven't seen a skeeter in over a month. My lawn is so brown that it looks like the Mohave dessert. My days of sleepin outside in the buff are over...I can't get by without my tempurpedic mattress and air condition....it's even too hot to shoot...     :archer2:

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9430 on: July 03, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
I went without A/C for 2years, I had to save to buy a new A/C. It kept my mother in law away  ;)
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9431 on: July 03, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Ok its about 100 here but I'm going to be climbing into a tree. Give the pigs one more try and then put my mind on deer huntin. our season starts august 15th. Can't beat deerhunting in 100 degree weather. One of you guys up north need to invite me up there to deer hunt I've got to deer hunt in the snow at least once in my life!

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9432 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Ok just saw on the news its 104!

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9433 on: July 03, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
It's also 100 here in Wisconsin.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9434 on: July 03, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Come on to MI, only 96. 100% humidity tho.

Killie, I hope you power get back soon.

Hows that new bow working? have you got it dialed in yet?

Ron, Uh, thanks for the word picture.   :saywhat:
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9435 on: July 03, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
 Ron, Uh, thanks for the word picture  
Imagine Moby Dick stranded on the beach...   :bigsmyl:

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9436 on: July 03, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Well you did say it was many years ago,
Like My friend Jerry Reed always said,
"When you're hot! You're Hot!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9437 on: July 03, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
We are holdin' at 77 F this very moment, but the rumor is that we will be in triple digits by next week.

I better go get some shootin' in while the weather is nice!

Those attending the NALS should be enjoyin' some decent temperatures there in Stanley.

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9438 on: July 03, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
I am loading the truck right now, heading for the North American Longbow Safari. My hunting partner has been camped there for the last week (seems his 12-year-old son "kilt a BIG bar" on Wednesday. Pumpkin Head!).

Anyway, he says it's been exactly 32 degrees each morning, but I just checked the weather report and it it supposed to cool off five degrees or so for the next week. so the Stanley heat wave is over.

There will be ice on the water and frost on the tent each morning. Sadly, that means I will have to sit around a crackling campfire every morning to get my fingers warm enough to shoot broadhead-tipped arrows all day. Pity. . .

But the good news is that, after a week of so of preparing gear, I just may be ready:

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9439 on: July 03, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Dang, Rik!  I don't think I have enough arrows packed after looking at your photo.  Guess I be the cook if I break or lose all of mine.     :saywhat:  

See ya there!
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©