3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tradgang Virtual Shoot (April) Information/Questions Thread (AND GENERAL CHAT)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Monterey: yep, I'll fish through and post scores next to names in the first thread with all the participants in it.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Monterey getting it first out the gate. I scored that a 12, if wrong just let me know.

For everyone else, because camera angles are what they are, and it can be hard to see, just post your total points with your post. If theres any argument they can be addressed, though I appeal to your maturity.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah, that's a 12 alright.  Let's see the rest of ya beat That   :biglaugh:
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Alright, things are off to a great start! I'm hoping to make my shots this afternoon (after an extensive warm up!). I'm loving seeing the bows, arrow set ups, and even target set ups that folks are using - that may be the best part of all of this.
Again, just double check the score I post for you and make sure I didn't mess up - doing a lot of it from a smart phone so mistakes are inevitable. If you don't want to seem like a public quibbler just PM me, its no big deal.
I'll keep scanning the thread as much as possible, and also bumping it since editing a post wont bump it. If it's been a few hours and your score hasn't updated, no worries, I'll make my rounds at some point. I printed off all of the shooters so I can keep track of whose done what. Good luck all!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Scores are pouring in and there's some ringers out there! Sometimes it's interesting to see what folks grab in a time like this, especially when they have a whole stable of bows to pick from! Some cool sticks out there. Of course, you can always do like newhouse114 and bring the whole gang out! No shame in that! And he's deadly with them each it seems. I wish we had bonus points for adding video, I enjoyed watching your shots newhouse!
One things for certain, more than a few of us need to update our targets! Seeing my block posted in a pic really shows just how "care-worn" its becoming! Haha. We'll wait for one of the missus better moods before dropping a new target purchase on her!
As you can see, here at cavscout HQ, the highest levels of integrety and detail are going into a meticulous scoreimg update system that looks suspiciously like a folded piece of paper I keep in my wallet to keep track of everyones shooting.

I really appreciate everyone's participation in this. Its the little, simple things like this (and the much bigger events!)  that really make us a community - even one spread across the virtual world! Happy shooting folks! More to come!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel like folks are afraid of talking out of fear of blowing up the shoot thread. I should mention that this thread here also serves as a "chat" thread as well! Haha
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
Some good shootin' going on!
Thanks for putting this together Cavscout, hope we can keep the interest level in this going. Not that I need more excuses to shoot   :clapper:
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
After I shot the official target I left it up for more shooting.  So, after about 25 more shots the ten ring is still intact and untouched.   :(
Monterey

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
I agree Doug, we'll be sure to explore ways at keeping it interesting (and inclusive). I hate shooting dots (or rings) as well, but it's the easiest answer. I'll probably do a poll for the next one to figure out what people want to do without getting too crazy with it. Maybe quartering away or towards for the next one; that shot always messes me up on a hard quartering away, yet such a likely game animal shot!

Monterey: Yep, after I shot I moved my target down the hill for my little one to plink away at. I think if I really want to improve I may need to practice shooting at the exact target. I'm used to more "pick a random spot" on the target face to keep things different, but just aiming at that "bullseye" was a little mind game for me!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
rraming - I see you scored your shot at a 10, but I got you at 14, so that's the score I posted. Let me know if I messed up.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was hoping to have risen from last place, but correction may have assured my last place.   :p
Monterey

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Hahah, well thats my assessment of the score. Hey, last ain't all that bad - nowhere to go but up!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Cavscout9753:
Hahah, well thats my assessment of the score. Hey, last ain't all that bad - nowhere to go but up!
thats a good way to look at it.  Ricky Bobby once said, "if you ain't first, you're last".   :)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by DanielB89:

thats a good way to look at it.  Ricky Bobby once said, "if you ain't first, you're last".    :)  [/b]
He also said he was on fire and ran around in his underwear!
Just sayin!!    :biglaugh:
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
So close to 30 it hurt! I really wanted all 3 lol. Ohh well maybe next shoot.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by crittergetter:

Originally posted by DanielB89:

thats a good way to look at it.  Ricky Bobby once said, "if you ain't first, you're last".     :)   [/b]
He also said he was on fire and ran around in his underwear!
Just sayin!!     :biglaugh:  [/b]
and what is wrong with that?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Everything!!!!!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Haha, you know, I almost made the same Ricky Bobby quote.

So, just a reminder to double-check what I score you if you don't provide your own score. drewsbow: I got you at 20 since it looks to me like you managed to break the "8" ring line. I will always err on the side of the shooter, but it looks clear to me.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was going conservative with an 18
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
Only a couple of days left guys. Still need about half the scores.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©