3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Striker Bows help me decide......  (Read 311 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
Striker Bows help me decide......
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
Guys I have a long draw length. Its about 30". I usually have an easier time shooting a longer bow. I was wondering if I will be able to shoot a 60" stinger or should I go with a 62" model. I don't have much experience with the forward handle bows. Have any of you guys with a longer draw length shot one of the 60" bows? Thanks for the help

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Striker Bows help me decide......
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
I shot a 60" Striker at the ATA, my draw is 29 so i am not quite the testimony you are looking for but i will say i was very impressed and was busting his arrows on that range when i shot groups. Seemed smooth all the way back, but like i said, im not quite long enough.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the input! I really like these bows. I shot a take down a few years ago and it shot good, but I don't remember how long it was.

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »
I shot the stinger take down and fastback this weekend at the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo.  I have a over 30" DL and I am ordering 60 inch version fastback.  I did not shoot the regular stinger.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
They are nice bows.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
Hey slayer,

I have a 60" fastback 50@29".  I am 6' and pull around 29.5 inches.  I love this bow it is super smooth.  I shoot three under and do get a callous on my bottom finger but I got that with a 66" martin vision also. I also picked up a 58" stinger off the classifieds and shoot that the same and have no problems. That bow is 50@28".
  The striker bow is a very light and small handled bow.  I have medium-large hands and have no problems with them.  If you are getting one made up Rick will measure your hand so he gets the fit right. Also if you talk to him about the long draw I am sure he will set you up with a great shooting bow.

If you have any other questions hit me up.
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
I just went ahead and called Dusty at Striker. He thought a 60" would be ok with a 30"draw. I went ahead and ordered a 50 lb classic. The classic seems like a pretty good value for the money. I will let you guys know how it shoots when I get it. Thanks for all the comments!

Offline scott myers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
You'll be happy.  I have a 56" STDL and it shoots fantastic.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 04:22:00 AM »
From a bowyers standpoint it is best to ask what they would recommend for your draw length. Different designs work different and the bowyer can tell you what to do.
High on Archery.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©