3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New 2 this  (Read 726 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New 2 this
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
Welcome! I'm sure you're ideal weight is somewhere in between the 30# and 59#. I wish I started out correctly, humble. If I had to do it all again I would pick up a Samick Sage or equally well built inexpensive take down recurve and just re-work the grip and riser to fit me perfect (you don't exactly pay for fit and finish with them) and just buy new sets of limbs and work my way up. The bows are well reviewed and the limbs are cheap. Once I hit my high water mark I would find a good bow at my target weight. Instead, I went off half cocked and payed handsomely for it in both coin and time.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
I agree on the Samick idea.  Only depending on draw length, I would vote for the 64" Journey.  It's the same handle as Sage, just longer limbs. Both Sage and Journey limbs can be used on one handle.

I bought one as I reduced bow weight due to age and bursitis in the elbows to "test" a lower weight before committing to a higher quality bow.  It is a great shooter!  And as stated above, extra limbs are relatively low cost.  The handles are a bit "thick" but can be reworked by someone with woodworking skills.  Overall a great value.
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 12:39:00 AM »
:wavey:  from Wa state

Offline OkieBowHunter11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »
Guys I traded this morning for a 45# bear grizzly and I absolutely love it feels comfortable on the draw I can anchor with it and is just a treat to shoot I shot it the better part of this afternoon and I can tell it needs some tuning but my overall opinion of it is a great shooter and 45# just feels right to me the 59# hand made bow was just to much. I may end up looking into a sage when the coin presents itself but for now I'll be shooting my 30# and my grizzly thanks again!!!
"Take Your Bow And Quiver Full Of Arrows An Go Out Into The Country To Hunt Some Wild Game For Me"

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
Welcome!
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©