3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I sure miss Hope & Faith  (Read 978 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
I sure miss Hope & Faith
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
I really hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers or isn't inappropriate, but I have surely missed the Hope & Faith thread this year.

It was something that I looked forward to following and was fortunate enough to take part in a couple of times.

I surely hope their absence from Tradgang is only temporary and one of our great bowyers has stepped up for next year.

Would be a shame to see such a great idea flicker away.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I sure miss Hope & Faith
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
I do too! I took part for the first time during the last Hope and Faith bows made by Sarrell Archery (sp).   And it was one of the most rewarding time to have taken part in.

I know there is obviously a big commitment from the bowyer and they are and should be appreciated.

Thanks for each and everyone of you who have participated in the past and least we forget it was and always is about the kids.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
I was just wondering about that yesterday.  I was wanting my "piece of the pie".  I looked forward to shooting one of the bows this year.

does anyone know why they didn't happen this year?  Or is everyone just busy?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »
John,
I, too, was lucky enough to enjoy a few weeks with Bob's Faith bow.  It was a fine bow and I really have been meaning to order one very similar to it.

Daniel,
It's my understanding that each bowyer who has built Hope and Faith through the years has been a volunteer.  Though I'm sure Terry and the gang have worked the phones over the years to make things happen.

Hopefully next year, the gals will be back to visit us.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »
This is quite an investment in time and resources for the bowyers.  I hope they know how much we appreciate their efforts.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
I never quite understood what was going on in regards to the Hope and Faith bows and the discussions surrounding them.   :confused:
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by monterey:
I never quite understood what was going on in regards to the Hope and Faith bows and the discussions surrounding them.    :confused:  
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I do have some idea though. I think the bows get passed around and hunted with by members who sign up to get them. There's a thread about all the adventures with them,and then they get auctioned off at St. Jude.

It is a heck of a good thing that the bowyers here do.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
Alex,

That's basically the way it woks, although I think the pass around users are supposed to sign the bow which I didn't do on Hope. And it is highly encouraged that they post stories, pictures, and video's.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
I miss them too... I think times are just really hard all around. It is a lot to ask a top-notch bowyer to donate $2,000 worth of bows, even though it is for a great cause. God Bless the kids, and the bowyers who have participated in the past, and the ones that will participate in the future.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
In simple short answer the Bows were donated by a bowyer.... right and left handed ..
they were shipped around the country to be hunted with and then auctioned off for money for the sick kids of st. Jude's .....yes the sick kids of st. Jude's.

I never had to ask anyone to contribute the bows... they always came to me..... however last year no one came forward and I happen to be very busy with my own life and didn't ask anyone because I didn't want to put anyone on the spot.

So that's the story of the absence of Hope and Faith this year no one came forward after years and years of doing so and we don't have a lefty and righty to donate...... which also had advantages for the bowyer in the forms of a tax write-off(which if anyone knows they get hit with more tax than they deserve) and a year's worth of top thread advertising.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
I own a Hope bow, and I miss the thread too!

Bisch

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
Obviously it's too late for this year.

I'm not a professional bowyer, but if a "real" bowyer doesn't volunteer next year, I'll do it.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
I miss it too.  I have never signed up to receive one of the bows because at this point in my life I couldn't do the bow justice but  I sure loved following along on the adventures they went on.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »
Good on you Mike for offering to step up if needed   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »
I have one of the Faith bows.  Didn't win it in the auction, but since I shot my first javelina with it while it was making the rounds, I bought it back from the auction winner.  Very generous donation by the bowyers.  I am sure the kids appreciate it.

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
I have one of the Faith bows.  Didn't win it in the auction, but since I shot my first javelina with it while it was making the rounds, I bought it back from the auction winner.  Very generous donation by the bowyers.  I am sure the kids appreciate it.
I did not buy my Hope in the auction either. I shot 5 animals with Hope during the month I had her during the passaround, and then did not have the funds to buy it at auction time. It changed hands a couple times before I got it . I don't really shoot it much, but won't get rid of it for sentimental reasons!

Bisch

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
I'm wondering if all the Bowyers are aware of the Faith and Hope program?  We've brought on several new sponsors/bowyers in the past year or two who may never have been exposed to Faith and Hope or the St. Judes action?
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:00 PM »
Sounds like a very cool thing to be a part of!!! Would've like to join in the fun myself!
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »
It's a great program all around.  Was able to hunt with 2 different Faith bows and it was an absolute honor and privilege.

Maybe a little change like having each participant pay $20-$50 for the privilege and to help offset the cost of materials etc ?

Just a suggestion.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by chinook907:
It's a great program all around.  Was able to hunt with 2 different Faith bows and it was an absolute honor and privilege.

Maybe a little change like having each participant pay $20-$50 for the privilege and to help offset the cost of materials etc ?

Just a suggestion.
That's more than fair.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©