3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bunny hunt on this Sunday  (Read 550 times)

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
bunny hunt on this Sunday
« on: October 19, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
Traxx and I have agreed to chase lagomorphs on Sunday.  This storm front should pass on Saturday and make for a fine day on Sunday.
Kerry, nocklow, wildrick, Russel?  Not as cold as we'd like it, and the numbers seem to be down from last year, but  a hunt's a hunt!
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bunny hunt on this Sunday
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
traxx had to go to work-he is a well known farrier in these parts.  aguy had to have his horses shod for an elk hunt this week so Todd had to go to work.  I went rabbit hunting.  Our drier than dry year has really affected our rabbit populations.    

this ranch is our private place and nobody had been there, yet I saw only 7 and got shots at 4-one connect.  We don't have long deer seasons out here so rabbits are our "thing" and we seem destined for a lean year.

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a good hunt..seeing 7 & getting to shoot at 4 is real good as far as I'm concerned....& connecting on 1 is great.Rabbits aint easy targets....& the dry weather has affected all of us this year....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »
Hey Roadkill,

When I quit basketball coaching in a couple of years I'd love to come to Nevada and hunt rabbits with you!  We got jacks here, but it'd be a hoot to hunt 'em with some other trad guys.

Good luck,

Stan

Offline mountaindog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »
we have a lot of bunnies around here too... there a lot of fun to hunt...

has anyone ever tried organizing a west coast tradgang hunt... i'm game for some rabbit hunting anytime...
>>>>---LIFE IS A KNIFE---->   (X)

mike

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
bluegrass, I'm from Russellville and rabbits were my thing growing up.  I was just there earlier this month and can't believe how dry is was-almost as dry as here-and this is a desert!
Stan, seems we hunt bunnies every Sunday during the cottontail season-we can hunt jacks anytime.  Give us  a shout, always room for another trad bow in our group.
Mdog, let us see what kind of interest we draw.  The central valley might be good and it's not far from many of us.

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
And we'd be tickled,to have ya Stan.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roadkill:
bluegrass, I'm from Russellville and rabbits were my thing growing up.  I was just there earlier this month and can't believe how dry is was-almost as dry as here-and this is a desert!
Stan, seems we hunt bunnies every Sunday during the cottontail season-we can hunt jacks anytime.  Give us  a shout, always room for another trad bow in our group.
Mdog, let us see what kind of interest we draw.  The central valley might be good and it's not far from many of us.
Skip what part of the state is Russellville....were getting some much needed rain as I speak....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Count some of us southern Idaho boys in!

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
R'ville is the county seat for Logan County.  Mid way from Bowling Green to Hoptown

ID trad bow shooters are more than welcome.

Is there any place that has enough rabbits to make the trip worthwhile.  We have a few places here abouts-4 or 5 ranches and we haave plenty of camping areas.

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
jey come down here to vegas!!!

jus an hours drive wi;; take u to..........aww crap i forget the name but it starts with an "o"

man i would really love to see trad gangers in my area!!!

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
Aww, wish I would have checked this thread earlier. I'm up for bunnies any time. Just give me a call.

I went out to Angel Lake south of Wells weekend before last. Not a bunny to be found, nor any grouse. It is incredibly dry. It was beautiful, but disappointing as far as game goes.  :(
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Must be nice to live in an area where you can hunt on Sundays.  Our Nova Scotia government does not and will not allow Sunday hunting.  Have fun and PLEASE shoot one for me  Dave from Nova Scotia
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline trad kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
me and my dad go out bunny huntin almost every weakend and wut is cool is that there are all so hundreds of jack rabbits to and they are really tough to shoot. i use broadheads for both because my 50 pound doesnt seem to do the job on jacks with blunts

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
I will call the other ranch owner past the BLM corrals and get her to open the gate.  Any takers for this sunday?
Kerry sorry about your trip to angel lake.  Are there any bunnies down by your range in CC?  I would like to go out to Elko county for a weekend of varying hare hunting.  When i was in Tuscora hunting sage hens we saww a few.  My son just got back from up Jarbidge area, I'll see if he has a place.  Let's get on these rabbits!!!!

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
Jarbridge is in our neighborhood-----lemmee call Shawn

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
And you guys are always welcome here as well.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Skip: I'm up for Sunday.

Eastern Fisher: I'm sorry to hear that you're not allowed to hunt on sundays. What a bummer, since  that's half the weekend and the weekend is the only time a lot of people can get out there. Of course, here in Nevada we're also allowed to gamble, patronize brothels, buy liquor 24/7 in any convenience store... thank God they let us hunt rabbits on Sundays or who knows what we'd be up to.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
I knows what wed be up to.I was there.LOL
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©