3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: waiting list regrets  (Read 995 times)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: waiting list regrets
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jim Wright:
Waiting List? I have ordered and received quite a few bows from Dan Toelke over the last 8 years or so. I don't need to say much concerning Dan's reputation for quality and service. The longest I have waited on a bow from order to delivery was 29 days! Waiting List?
Yeah, Dan Toelke is one of a kind, both in quality and delivery.  Wonder how he does it?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline trasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by McDave:
There are a lot of options for guys who don't want to be on the waiting list: buy a Bear or a Samick or some other production bow, buy used, buy somebody else's place on the list, buy a new bow from a custom bowyer who keeps an inventory of bows on hand, etc.  But to say you want a custom bow from a custom bowyer but don't want to wait for it, sometimes (usually, in my experience) for longer than was originally estimated, is like saying you want a Pope & Young buck but you really only have a weekend or two you can spare, and you really don't want to travel more that fifty miles from home to get it.  Neither of those are very realistic expectations.

Bowyers are just people, with all the same weaknesses the rest of us have.  Some will knock themselves out to get your bow to you when it was promised.  Some won't. Some of the ones who won't, still produce great bows.  Some don't.  Sometimes, $hit happens in people's lives, and you have to cut them a little slack.  More often, I suspect that a custom bowyer is just looking for the balance between work and life that we all would like to have, and your priority to get your bow on time is not as important to him as going hunting or doing something with his family.

But that's the way it is, folks.  If a bowyer wanted to always meet deadlines and make a lot of money, I'm sure he would have decided to pick a different occupation.
This is the main Statement! Yes, bowyers are human as you and me no machines!!!           :thumbsup:            

If I ordered a custom bow, she should be something special. Otherwise I would buy a on stock bow.
So,good things need time, and I personally don't want a bow build under pressure only to meet the delivery time.
She should be built with passion and not under time pressure.
Of course there are bow-manufactures which have profesional processes and several employers working on them. I think they are not often run out of time! :-)
But If I ordered a custom Bow from Mr. X, I also want the bow build by Mr. X not by several workers! Handcrafted by one person! I don't like CNC-machines!
perhaps this is an old way to go but I love It!

Just my 2cents
Trying to get the bow a part of me!

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Oh my, back years ago I was one of the guys who put money down for one of OL Adcocks  ACS/CX long bows.  I waited nearly 3 years before I got that bow, but I was one of the guys who did get it.  That was one of the smoothest shooting fastest bows I ever owned.  I took about a dozen deer with it before I broke it.

By the way the new versions being built are not even close to the original, I've tried them and they just aren't.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
I have not had that problem. I have only special ordered two bows and knew exactly what I wanted. The bowyers provided exactly what I requested.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©