3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another hairbrained bow in the works.  (Read 942 times)

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another hairbrained bow in the works.
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 05:40:00 AM »
I haven't forgtotten about you all.

Saturday I strung the bow with a 6" brace height and excercised it a little and let it sit strung for 6 hrs or so.It held some string follow for a while and I haven't been able to get back to it since. So I don't know if it fully recovered or not.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
Wow Linc that's interesting and those are some serious back checks. Hope it holds together for you.

Having thrown my back out twice in recent rears aI have real sympathy for anyone with back troubles. Hope you get to feeling better.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline rebelrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
Interesting bow, how are the two parts held together?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Linc, that is really a neat looking bow. It's all twisted and stuff! I hope you are feeling better. Jawge

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Thanks Mickey,Mike and Jawge.So far it has held up at 64#@28" with a 4 3/4" brace for about a dozen draws.I should probably wrap some more of the snake.There is one check mighty close to the edge,but I had left that area stiff.

Mike, The two bows are glued together with Tite Bond II.I also put 2 wire nails to hold it in position before clamping. I will also be wrapping the handle area with artificial sinew and saturating with superglue.

Mickey and Jawge, I've been doing pretty good the past few weeks.Yesterday and today weren't so good.Thank you both for your concern.

Jawge, I don't think I have any premo osage.LOL. It all has twists and turns.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »
I decided to go for broke. I strung up the bow and put it on the tree. I excercised it quite a bit ever increasing the draw length. 5 7/8" brace  53#@26"  57#@27"  and finally 61#@28". I drew to 28" about a dozen times and held for about 30 seconds each time. I shot a half dozen arrows, a bit shockie but tolerable. I still have to add a palm swell to the handle.

After unstringing it had 1 1/2" of string follow.It had 1 1/4" of natural deflex to begin with, so it only gained 1/4" of follow. After letting it rest for an hour I rechecked. It is back to the original 1 1/4".
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Nice job Linc, for a "hairbrained idea"  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Thanks Dano. I've been pretty lucky with my hairbrained ideas working out.I hope the luck continues.   :pray:
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
Sorry about the long hiatis (sp?) but I finally finished up this bow today. 60" ntn 50#@25".I named it Split Personality.

Lincoln E. Farr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©