3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Age of Hydration bladder/Platypus  (Read 863 times)

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
Age of Hydration bladder/Platypus
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
If you use /have one of these and you get far off the beaten track how old is yours or how often do you replace it. Mine is about 7 years old. It sure would suck to be back 5+ miles and have to carry water in your pockets
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Age of Hydration bladder/Platypus
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
my small camelback is 7 years old and my larger hydrapack is about 5.  I keep the bladders in the freezer when not in use.  I heard this keeps bacteria from growing.  Also, every six months I put some water, baking soda and uncooked rice in it.  I shake it up and this does a good job of cleaning/de-scenting it.  The rice really scrubs the liner without damaging it.  I use mine all year for mountain biking, hiking and fishing.  You could probably give em 1 good cleaning a year if you only use it for hunting.  I'll keep doing this till I can't get the stink out.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Mine has to be 5 or so years old now.  Havent used it much other then falls and on some military outings when I was still in.  I do carry some smaller platapus's incase my big camel back goes down.  Also started carrying a 2.5 gallon bota bottle for camp water.  Sure beats filtering water all the time and when in places where water is scarce and a ways off, you dont have to be hiking miles everyday, up and down, just for water.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
I have one that is about 5-6 years old and still going although it needs a new drink tube as mold started growing.  Hunting with AkDan I blew one up on the first use, day one of a long 13 day trip, by not pushing out the air when I was filtering water!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©