3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: >>>--Ohio Trad Ceer camp--> Date & Location set  (Read 11374 times)

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: >>>--Ohio Trad Ceer camp--> Date & Location set
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Thanks Buckeye - I'm ready for another.  :-D

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 05:22:00 AM »
LOL no I think I wanna keep that one. Abe from Cari-bow said it should be done by the end of the month so hopefully I'll have it to bring down. It would be cool to do a big review on it with everyone at camp shooting it and contributing there thoughts.
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Dang it all - I just realized that I'm on call the weekend of this hunt.  :-(   Looks like my son and I won't be able to make this one after all.

Hope you guys have a great time out there and snuff many grizzled old bucks with racks the size of German automobiles.

My son and I will probably try to sneak out early Saturday morning to a place pretty close to where I live and *hope* no one buzzes me.

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
I will talk with a couple of my buddies and try to make it down. AEP is only 30min.s from my house, so Hopefully I can get away.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
Sounds good Mr. Mcgee...We'll be seein' ya'.

Kahn,
Seriously?  Can you make a trade for weekends? Maybe we could do a second one in January for all those that can't get to this one.

-Charlie

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Let me see what I can do.  One week I probably can trade for is the week starting the 26th which is gun season here anyway.  Part of me wants to dig in deep and let the gun guys push 'em past me but the other part of me *really* wants to avoid collecting any slug holes.

I'll check and let ya know.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
T.J.

If you are anything like me, you are going to love your Silver Fox. I have 2 of em and cant imagine parting with either one. Of course, if the owner of the company I work for doesnt get his head out of you know where, I might be forced into getting rid of one (but never both!)

What woods did you get in your Silver Fox?

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
SRTA,

A little change in my arrival time.  I will get there early Thursday morning.  Have to work late Wed. night.

-Charlie

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Brian,

I got mine in birdseye maple and pau ferro as the accent. It is a premium riser and has birdseye maple veneer's. It will also have a deer wood burning into the upper veneer, antler tips, and a beaver tail wrap and rest.

Are you coming to the camp? If so make sure you bring em  ;)  What woods are yours? Have any pics?
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I wont be at the camp, as far as I know.

Mine are made of Goncalo Alves and Pau Ferro, and the other is Bocote and Pau Ferro. Both are bamboo cored limbs with quilted maple veneers. The first is 56# @ 28 and the second is 58# @ 28.

Here they are (if I dont screw this up)

Make sure to post pics when you get yours.

Brian
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Man those are beautiful! The Bocote one isn't the one Abe had for sale on the inventory page last month was it? Nice lookin bows Brian!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
No. That one had bocote veneers and was 53#. I shot that bow at Compton this year and it was sweet. If I didnt have 2 already, I would have thought real hard about buying it.
 I had Abe build my bocote riser bow about a year ago. The wood has really darkened on it since I got it.
 Abe dont know how to build an ugly bow. LOL

BP

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Guys,

I got both the AEP maps and some aerials put together today. I can't post them, but I will have them at camp.  So far I have found what looks like plenty of spots for solo hunting and for some drives.  I think we are in good shape.  We will be seein ya'all soon!

-Charlie

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Charlie,
I'm interested in this as well. If my work schedule falls right, I'd like to come.

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »
Charlie, You are putting a lot of work into this. I cant wait to thank you in person. Mark C. and I should be down just be fore dark on friday. This will be my first trad deer camp.  :thumbsup:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 05:45:00 AM »
Hopefully I'll be able to get there around 6pm on friday. Can't wait!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Charlie, Is that us next to the lake. Thats the only spot that looks like camping?
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
Drummer,
I believe our camp is on the same road as the lake, but just a couple hundred yards to the east. Fishmerf could say better than me.  I am headed down this weekend to check it all out scout/hunt.  I just can't make it during the week right now, too busy

This will be my first traditional deer camp as well.  I hope it all goes as planned, but we will have fun regardless. I know there will be other hunters (not from our group)in the woods, but you really can't get away from that in Ohio.  

I'm looking forward to hunting and talking with other fellas with the same interests. Even with guys who hunt, they often do not understand people who hunt traditional.  Who knows, we might even fit in some fishing over at one of the lakes?

-Charlie

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
For everyone who is not sure if they can make it to camp.  Let me know either way as soon as you can.  

We have 10 guys coming for sure and another 5-6 that are maybe's.  For the deer drives on Sunday, I hope we have about 15 to participate.  From what I can tell, we should definitely be able to move some deer from nasty areas that they otherwise wouldn't leave.  

-Charlie

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
The only thing that will stop me would be rain. I will be there either early Friday morning or late Thursday night.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©