3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New pants question  (Read 1245 times)

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New pants question
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »

Decided on and ordered a pant. Got the Kanab 2.0 from First Lite, since some aren't familiar with it I decided to post a pic. Merino wool with nylon ripstop. Love the fit and feel so far, going to have to get it out into the woods on one of these colder days and see what kind of layering it requires.

If anyone is wondering the top is a Sitka merino wool base layer, probably obvious from the pattern but just in case.

Thanks for your help in discussing gear options Gang!

Offline Black Hills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
Looks like a pretty nice set of drawers...

My son swears by the Sitka patterns, but he's pretty big on the ASAT patterns as well.  Where he lives now (SE Utah), there are plenty of opportunities for him to use about anything.

For drawers, I have three that I rely on...  One is a soft, brushed cotton (don't ask me what camo pattern it is) for warmer weather - say down to 30*F or so.  A second pair is in the Cabelas Outfitter pattern with some kind of miracle wool/synthetic blend, and those are good for temps down to around 0*F - colder if I wear long johns.  And, the third set of drawers is a heavyweight wool surplus pant (Swedish, I reckon) that is a solid green.  Those stay tucked away until it is definitely sub-zero for the whole day.

Gotta' admit, if I wasn't such a tite-wad, I reckon that ASAT stuff would be a top choice for me as well.

Offline tradhunterRN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
Black Hills

Yeah these are definitely more of a warm weather pant, the Merino is fairly light. But some reviewers were saying you could wear them down to 30* also if you underlayered right.

Glad to hear about your heavier gear because I was actually looking at the Cabela's AND the Swedish surplus stuff both. So it is nice to hear another person swearing by them.

My main concern with these bottoms is how durable they will be.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©