3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show Me Your Trad ATV  (Read 914 times)

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
Show Me Your Trad ATV
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
My Cabelas Super Mag Hauler works perfect for my very long walks to the stand. Just curious how other Tradgangers do it.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/waiting4fall/img017.jpg

:thumbsup:

Offline Rick Perry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show Me Your Trad ATV
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
34 ford pickup with a v8 flathead !!!!!!!
"Pick a spot"

RLP

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
Mine are housed in my boots! Someday I hope to be able to have a mule...for now it's up to my feet to get me there and back.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
Forget what I said earlier....

I use a Single wheeled "Mule" that Warren and Sweat use to make.
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
Traditionalists use the "quads" God gave us. We go hunting, among other things, to escape the whine and growl of motors and the stench of exhaust, and to spend quiet time in places free of tire tracks.

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Glenn29:
ATV's are not Traditional....    "[dntthnk]"  
Look at his picture, it's a deer cart not a real atv.

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
Geez don't I feel like an idiot!

Sorry about that...
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
Myself and alot of other trad bowhunters I know use atvs to access the rough country to get to a place to hunt. I'd rather beat up my Yamama Grizzly than my $35000.00 Dodge Ram diesel to access a trail head or area I want to hunt that might be 30 miles of rocky roads and trails away. It's not the atv that's bad it's the pilot. I think it's different in Utah were we have 1000's of miles of public atv/jeep trails that you can't fit a truck down unless you wanted to do alot of damage. Alot of you flatlanders back east don't understand until you come out here the absolute vastness of the country. You could drive your vehicle quite aways than use your quads God gave you until your blue in the face and still not be anywhere that holds game. Just my 2 cents. Mike

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
The flatlanders comment seems harsh, sorry and I noticed Dave2old is from Colorado. The state of Utah just has a huge trail system and I couldn't imagine not having an atv or a jeep for the hunting season. Other than plowing snow it's about the only time of year I use mine and really enjoy it. Mike

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
An ATV would be traditional if you painted it with a plaid pattern, not camo.  ;)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline mrgreenhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
well ok who wants to see my two legs thats my trad atv

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
mikecc, because of those 1000's miles of pulic roads, jeep and atv trails, and the countless atv's that run up and down them, is one of many reasons why you can walk till you are blue in the face and not be in a place that holds game in Utah.
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
:scared:    :help:    :pray:  
Geez I know not to use those 3 letters again!  :biglaugh:

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
Abuse of property with ATV's is a problem we all detest. To me they are just as Trad as removable blade broadheads, Carbon shafts, store bought tree stands, fall restraints etc etc.
Besides I want to see a picture of Rick's 34.
Gotta love them old Trad Trucks.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
if i can't get there walking i don't need to go. do not like ATV's and refuse to ride one.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
Good One, BamBooBender!   :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
Letting the ol' man side of me show I use one to retrieve my game ...but then again in Texas on Public Hunting grounds it's the only time you can use it and not ALL of the Public Lands will let you
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Certainly, there are folks who use ATVs responsibly, but there sheer numbers here in the West are ruining everything for everyone, including the riders, who have a lower success rate on big game in most states. And the "few bad apples" seem more and more like an orchard. In recent years I've lost all of my public lands walk-in hunt spots to motorized invasion. Opening weekend this year I backpacked in 3 miles to a place I'd scouted the week before, with elk and bugling everywhere. One reason I chose this place is that the whole area is off-limits to motorized access. When I got there for my hunt, and ATV had been through just before me, smashing aspen saplings, leaving a trail of litter ... and the elk had either left or become invisible, and no bugling. I am 61 with arthritis. So far this year I've backpacked out two elk, for friends I've guided, and will get one of my own this week. Every year I have to hike in farther and back out farther, due to the constant encroachment of ATVs into the backcountry, legal and illegal. The chiefs of both FS and BLM have stated that unmanaged motorized abuse and overuse are among the very top threats to public lands and traditional quiet uses. Our senior game warden here says it well: "If we don't get this stopped real soon, ATVs will destroy hunting as we've always known it in the West." Because their "footprint" is so huge -- the places they can get to, the miles they can cover in a day, and the range of the noise they make -- a single ATV have more negative impact on the landscape, wildlife, and traditional quiet muscle-powered hunting than countless people on foot. Everyone has a right to use our public lands as they see fit. No one has the right to spoil it all for everyone else.

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
There are places for ATV's in the hunting comunity. Some like'em, and some don't. I myself benifit from the use of mine as i'm sure others here do as well. Then some on here i'm sure, say they wouldn't use one if it hairlipped the pope. Hipocrites? I don't know and don't care... Here in wv there is a lot of access for atv's. Private and public. Those that abuse these privliges are hurting the rest of us. I'm sure that those of us on this site are well aware of the damages that can be caused from negative feed back either way.
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©