3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elk boots 14 narrow  (Read 574 times)

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk boots 14 narrow
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
Any ideas? My old Red Wings won't be going this year. I need to get to breaking a new pair in. Thanks guys
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk boots 14 narrow
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
I've been eyeballing and investigating the Schnees.  They are an investment but with the love my feet seem to need as I get older it would be worth it.  I've heard some pretty amazing things.  Also heard good things about the quality and price of the Cabelas boots buit by Meindl.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
I have a hard foot to size properly, and started getting boots custom made. You can try White's or Russell and I think you would be happy. A little pricey and takes some time,but it was worth it foe me

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 09:32:00 PM »
The European boots tend to run narrower. I've had good luck with Kayland for my narrow foot, they aren't distributed in the U.S. any longer, but are available on auction for a fraction of original price. Google "low volume foot hiking boot"! Finally figuring out I didn't have a normal width foot and getting a real hiking boot that actually fit was the biggest game changer for my elk hunting! Went from totally exhausted at end of one day of hunting to feeling like I could go back up and haul out a load of meat at the end off the day on my next hunt wearing the new boots I had bought between the two hunts.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
14s?  What is your draw length?     ;)      
I'm working on a new set for myself too, but it should be pretty easy.
Good luck with your search.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
Everyone is different, I don't wear "hunting boots" any longer I've had and loved kennetrek but currently use salomon these to be exact.
 https://www.rei.com/product/881783/salomon-quest-4d-ii-gtx-hiking-boots-mens
Found at REI, not cheap. But your feet are worth it!!
Good luck on your search.

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Matty:
Everyone is different, I don't wear "hunting boots" any longer I've had and loved kennetrek but currently use salomon these to be exact.
  https://www.rei.com/product/881783/salomon-quest-4d-ii-gtx-hiking-boots-mens  
Found at REI, not cheap. But your feet are worth it!!
Good luck on your search.
Ummm, if you wear a boot hunting, then it it's a hunting boot;-)
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 01:02:00 AM »
Hahaha. Ok ok. Not a "hunting specific" boot. When it comes to hear I've taken the path of the backpackers hikers and Trekkers. I'll use the same type of gear all year long and it has proven itself time and time again. Good point tho Dave

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 06:55:00 AM »
I suggest a pair of custom made Russells if you have odd sized feet.  Well worth the money.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 07:31:00 AM »
Give Stephen a call at Lathrop and Sons.  They will do what it takes to make sure you get into the right boot with the right fit.  They fit the big mountain climbing folks and many of us hunters.

My experience is that the with my 13 EEEE foot it was hard to find boots even at the high end stores.
Stephen got me in the right boot that have worked for three years now.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
I'm with Matty, I've given up on traditional hunting boots and gone to lighter backpacking type boots.  I couldn't be happier.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Russell makes excellent booth that can suit any need they will last forever or easily can be rebuild. They will make custom as you need them
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 09:32:00 AM »
Depends on where you will be hunting.  I actually shifted from "boots" to hiking boots or shoes.  A bit less tread, a lot less weight,and to me, no loss at all in performance. I suggest you look at that.

I was willing to spend a bunch of money on some nice boots and went to major big box houses to see, feel, and try on some ( as many as I could) boots.  

What I ended up buying were absolutely the best fit, most comfortable ( for me) and unbelievably, less than $100 a pair (I bought two pair).  I really suggest you spend some time trying them all on and let your feet tell you what to buy.

No, these are not the most expensive, or the best made boots.  But they are fine, and at that price I can buy 3-4 pair and have new boots every two to three years ( I have not yet worn out the first pair).   That choice worked for me, but you may need another shoe / boot, which is why I didn't name a brand.

ChuckC

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »
I have a narrow foot and like the Asolo Sasslong. Not sure if they come in a 14 but they have worked great for me on many elk hunts and a sheep hunt. Easy break in too. Check Sierra Trading Post for good prices.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
My foot is not nearly as long as yours,but Danner sells narrow width boots. I bought a pair of 11 in a B width,and I'm happy with them. I also like the fact that the ones I bought were made in this country.

I see that you mention Red Wing. I have to wear lace ups for work,and they have narrow widths as well. The ones I have are the most comfortable boots i've ever worn,and I do where them for hunting when I'm doing a lot of walking.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »
I wear a 14 wide and it's always a journey to find good foot wear for me. I used to use Red Wing and Vasque boots for years. Since they were sold out to China they just are not the same quality that they once were. I have notice most Asolo run too narrow for me but my wife has had great luck with them and will wear for years and years. I had a pair of lowe Renagade's and they were nice and quite for still hunting(with support) but I blew out the sides because of my wide duck shaped feet. Right now I have been using Zamberlan's since last season and so far love them. They are a bit pricey but are one of the most comfortable boots I have ever had. So far they seem to be holding up great

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
My goodness. I didn't know there were so many different boots on the market these days. Everybody recommends a different brand. I've been wearing my old LL Bean boots for so long it's like a whole new footwear world out there. Oh well, since I've been wearing the Bean boot since 1963, I don't guess there is any reason for me to change now. Y'all shop around. You should be able to find something that's better than Bean's 100 year old design.    :thumbsup:
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
I use Danner Elk hunter my foot is regular so I bought a new pair of Danner Elk hunter they were a little big I call Danner they said to send them back and the would fix them. There a great boot.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
I am searching for boots also. I wear a size 14 extra wide. I have been going to alot of stores but nothing yet.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 04:42:00 PM »
Wow I didn't expect so many responses. Any boot I'm wearing while I'm hunting is a hunting boot. I try to buy American. It's tough. I don't think Cabelas has anything made in USA. Thanks guys. Oh yea, I draw 31". Arrows are a tough fit as well.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©