3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "i'll never sell this bow" - Famous last words..  (Read 1215 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
"i'll never sell this bow" - Famous last words..
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:27:00 AM »
As many of you may know from following my posts I have a 60" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite that I absolutely LOVE!  I managed to kill a few animals with it this year and it is just something special.  I have told my wife and friend that "I will never sell this bow".  

Having a longer draw(29.5), I wanted to try out a 62" centaur.  Not because the 60" stacked, because it does not at all, but I thought the 62" would handle my draw better, and be more forgiving.  A few weeks ago I found a 62" bow for sell online and jumped on it.  When I got it, the bow was incredible, but the grip left a lot to be desired.  So she left the stable quickly..  

Last week a friend put up his centaur for sale, which was a 62" DARK MATTER, Centaur Elite and I managed to snag it.  Want to hear the best part, it has an almost identical grip as my, "i'll never sell this bow", bow.  To even sweeten the deal, my "old bow", which is actually newer than this one, is #52@29 and this one is #52@29.  This new bow is exactly what I wanted.  

So, I come to warn you to never say, "I will never sell this bow". lol.  

I will be posting some pics of both of them later today to shot the similarities in the grip, differences in colors,  and weight(physical).  

Overall, I think the 62" is awesome, but I do believe most of the stability comes from the dark matter riser.  It isn't a lot heavier, but when you're talking about a bow that weighs less than 2 pound with a quiver full of arrows on, a few ounces is a good bit.  

Before Crittergetter and others say, "it didn't happen without pics", that are on the way!   :)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "i'll never sell this bow" - Famous last words..
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
Great bow for sure. Glad you found another "Goodun"
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
Daniel:

The best advice I could possibly give someone is this..."Never (and I mean NEVER) say Never".  It will happen, especially with Traditional Bows, much more than you wish or anticipate.  I have had numerous bows that I have said would never be sold and they have long since disappeared from my bow rack.

Best of luck.  I hope you are true to your own word.

God bless.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Maybe that phrase could be amended to read I'll never sell this bow today."  I know just what you're talking about.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
Some honeymoons just last a little longer than others.
Lon Scott

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I know what you mean about those longer limbs! Its just a pleasure to draw that 62" (or 64") bow vs. the shorter ones...not that they are bad but smooth is good!

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I hear you on the grip part, it's very important. My newer bow sits in the closet because I prefer the longer skinnier grip on my older bow.

With both of your Centaurs being the same weight, does the 62" feel lighter at full draw?
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
Also, getting the same draw weight is a bonus!

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
For me it all starts with a comfortable and repeatable grip.  When that happens my shots are just better.
T ZZZZ

Online shoes

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Yep, learned that lesson. I once told my wife that if I could just get this one bow I'd be done buying bows forever. That was about 12 bows ago.....
Dreams are made taller than we are.  Never stop reaching!
WTA member

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by tzolk:
I hear you on the grip part, it's very important. My newer bow sits in the closet because I prefer the longer skinnier grip on my older bow.

With both of your Centaurs being the same weight, does the 62" feel lighter at full draw?
Honestly, yes.  

This grip is a little narrower than the other one, but the palm area is the same and I think the skinnier one will be better in the long run.  I think the biggest difference is the grip on my old one has a larger thumb rest than the newer one, though i don't think it makes a lick of difference when shooting.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
I think I've said that 30 times now! I agree about the grip ,for me if it does not feel good ,out it goes

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
The phrase, "I will never sell this bow" is right up there with, "I just bought this bow, and it's the best bow I've ever shot...It shoots right where I aim. (which is usually followed by the phrase, I will never sell this bow). Both of which I've been guilty of saying.     :biglaugh:

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
Daniel, I just sold one of my "Forever Bows"..... Things do happen.   :rolleyes:

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by longbow fanatic 1:
The phrase, "I will never sell this bow" is right up there with, "I just bought this bow, and it's the best bow I've ever shot...It shoots right where I aim. (which is usually followed by the phrase, I will never sell this bow). Both of which I've been guilty of saying.      :biglaugh:  
I have never said those 2 phrases..  ;)

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 02:25:00 PM »
LOL I empathize completely.  I never thought I would sell my 2pc Elkheart but I just had to have a 2pc Pika and honestly it's a tough call between the two, I feel the Elkheart was a bit more pointable and maybe a bit quicker but the Pika is quieter and I prefer the mini-D shape and super narrow limbs more to the radical hybrid shape of the Elk.  

One bow that I will not give up however, unless I have a brain seizure, and unless Dan comes up with something even better is my new 1pc Micarta riser 60" Chinook.  That is bow nirvana IMHO for a 1pc bow.  Dead sexy, obscenely quiet for a recurve and super forgiving.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
Compare the 2 Bows before sell one, I am been said that the the 60" is a tad faster than the 62"   :biglaugh:   for sure Dark Matter makes some difference but a 60" Centaur is confortable Up To 31"! DL
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
I own no bows that fall into that "I'll never sell this bow" category.

However, for one of the bows I own right now somebody is going to have to want it badly enough to make an offer that I can't afford to turn down. That might be a bit steep, but try me   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »
I had a buddy that said the only things that weren't for sale was his bride and his blue tick hound.  But like Bladepeek, most of what I'm holding onto now will be pretty expensive!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
I've sold more "forever bows" than I've kept.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©