3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I think I'm going to switch broadheads this year...  (Read 225 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
I think I'm going to switch broadheads this year...
« on: April 04, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
I have been a die hard Simmons guy for a long time. I have always used land sharks and tiger sharks, and have had good luck with them.  My good buddy Lee turned me on to an original 190 grain Simmons interceptor. Man they fly like darts. Its scary how sharp you can get them with a jewel stick and the razors edge arrow head guide. Anybody else use these heads? I would like to hear some opinions.

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I think I'm going to switch broadheads this year...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
Scott - I remember seeing pictures of some of the deer you got last season on another site. If I were you, I wouldn't change a thing !    :notworthy:  

Those deer wouldn't be any deader with a different broadhead.   :D
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
Scott thanks for the compliments. I dropped some bow weight for this year so this is going to be an entire year of "new" things for me. I should have some great deer to hunt this year, I passed up a lot of 3.5 to 4 year olds this past season. I really want to make sure I have my stuff together. I have already started getting ready. I'm shooting everyday like the season is coming in next week. I am really excited about 2016

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
I have shot them and even taken a few animals with them , why am i not still shooting them  you might ask ? The honest answer is I don't really know cause they are great heads , guess I just like to change around some. I have tree sharks now and like them alot also
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
Too bad we didn't get to see the pics here.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
Terry every time I post a picture the thread gets deleted. I guess I am too dumb to figure out how re-sizing works. The deer Scott is referring to were from the 2015 season.  I sat opening day and killed an 8 point that scored around 130 then the second sit I shot a 9 point out of my ground blind Not sure what he scored but he was about the same size. Shot him at about 8 or 10 ft. They weren't to bad for NC deer.   :)

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:00 AM »
The traditional options abound today. Yet, intimately knowing both your own and well as your equipment's limitations remain paramount.

You appear to be on the correct path.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©