3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Kirshner videos  (Read 389 times)

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Kirshner videos
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
Years ago I had a few of his videos. I'm wondering if they are now available on DVD. Does anybody know?

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Kirshner videos
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
He still makes deer lure I think. His hunts were real. And on public land often. I don't recall him every passing up a legal buck.  That was back when PA public land had a lot of deer. Wish it was still like that.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »
I don't recall him using a traditional bow. Just those horrible early compounds. Actually I just remembered I once sold him a wild American chestnut log I cut in my woods. The tree reached about  10" diameter and 25' high before it got the blight an died. Kirchner was selling turkey calls at a sports show and I mentioned I had the log. He was in my driveway at 6:00 AM the next morning. He sent me a call.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:38:00 AM »
I loved his videos. He had/has a great approach to hunting. I think I still have one or two somewhere. In the age of scores and inches of antlers I liked that he was more about venison and the overall experience. Kind of a trad mentality with a compound bow.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
His lures are the only lure I have actually seen work with my own two eyes. The videos were "quest" videos or something like that weren't they?
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
I have several on VCR format.  Some time ago I tried to find DVD copies and searched for his name (found lures) and Quest, which didn't exist.  Would love to get some of those old ones on DVD, but I imagine the market is pretty slim...although I see I can "upgrade" my Ben Pearson tape to DVD...so some old ones are still available.
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
He started out hunting with recurves - used sights on them if memory serves me. I had a book he wrote  - it was titled 'Bucks with a Bow' or something like that.
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline northern lights

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Yep, he started with a recurve and I have the same book titled " Everything I know about Bucks with a Bow",even has a pic of an Ontario bear with Fred Bear himself  along with Bob in it.
Now we're digging where the taters are.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
I too have his book. Great memories!
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement