3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Northern Mist Whisper  (Read 337 times)

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
Northern Mist Whisper
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
How about some pics of this reverse handle longbow. I've heard so many positive comments about them. Include stats if you don't mind.

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Northern Mist Whisper
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
I have my Whisper in a turkey hunting picture.  Great shooting Hill style bow but it will always look a little strange to me with the reverse handle.  68" 60@28".  Green glass back and white belly.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
I'll post some pics later. Mine has the green glass also. My favorite longbow by far
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
Gordon, I think it looks just right in that picture!  Congrats.  

Reverse handle Hill Style bows shoot great. I owned a JD Berry that was a great shooter. Just wanted one a little longer and heavier. Mine was a string follow version. My current two Hill Styles that I love are not reverse handles, but are both string follows-Northern Mist Shelton and John Schultz 'Grandpa' all wood longbow. If I had Steve Turay build me another Northern Mist, I'd have it be a reverse handle string follow bow.

Here's a picture of the handle section:

Here's another view:

Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 04:31:00 PM »
I have a few reverse handle bows.....I like them a lot. 2 Whispers, a Green Mt., A JD Berry and a McBroom on the way.......they just point so well.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline RON ROMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
  • 406-505-0534
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
I'm in the ASL fan club, for same reason as ron w. IMO, one can't beat the JD Berry "Morningstar" or "NorthStar". Been shooting  most of the big name longbows for 45 years. If I had to choose just "one" bow;  the "Northstar"(or "Morningstar")..lol. AND, they are stunningly crafted. ron r
Ron Roman

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
My son, who is a hard core Robertson shooter, said the Whisper was the most accurate bow that he ever shot.  Then when I mistakenly assumed that he would not want to shoot a bow that would shoot his beloved 2020s and turned down an offer from JD for a mid fifties Morningstar, I got my butt royally chewed from him.   I am hunting turkeys this spring with my Morningstar, I intend on shooting a small one.  won is rong, weverse handles point just like anything else, they are also more forgiving of bow hand duddles.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
I have been shooting my Berry Heritage so far this year, but I may well break out one of my Morningstars for the next round of turkey hunting. I love the Heritage, but I shoot the Morningstars even better. The Whispers are great looking bows, and no doubt are great shooters. The reverse handle looks a bit strange, but the design sure does work. So many bows, so little time.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
My Whisper is awesome. The green glass blends perfectly with my hunting area.

The reverse handle is so simple to shoot. It is my go to longbow by far.

"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©