3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leica Trinovid HD ???  (Read 512 times)

Online TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Leica Trinovid HD ???
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these or had a chance to play with them yet?

Considering trying them out as the price point is great in comparison to the Ultravids but wanted to see if I could get some feedback from fellow hunters. They have gotten stellar reviews from the birding world but have yet to find any hunting reviews.

Thanks in advance if you have any feedback!

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leica Trinovid HD ???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
As a general rule anything from the big three German optic companies ( Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica)are worth getting.  JMO

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
Don't think you can go wrong with Leica glass.  I've been using Leicas for about 25 years.  Unfortunately, I don't have experience with the latest Trinovids.  My 8x32 Ultravid HDs are the cat's meow.

I recommend you go to a store like Cabelas and try them out, compare them to other high quality glasses.

Online Bluefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 12:07:00 AM »
When I was looking for some good glasses last year I narrowed it down to the Trinovid HD and Zeiss Conquest. I ended up with the Zeiss but only because I found a pair at a price that I couldn't pass up. You probably wouldn't regret it if you buy the Leica's.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:19:00 AM »
Can't go wrong with Leica, Swarovski, or most Zeiss models.  It's very much like bows.  Your personal preference is what matters most at that level.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Online TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 05:50:00 AM »
Thanks guys.

I owed an older set of SLCs years back, and currently own a set of 10x32 conquests originals.

But I am really wanting something in 8x42 and at $1000 for a set of Leica's the trinovids are hard to pass up.

I played with a set at the store and they seemed well built and clear, but it's just hard to truly tell the quality until you get them in the field in low light.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
I had a set of 8X30 Swarovski, traded for a pair of 10X40 Leica.

They were very nice (not the model you are talking about) but I thought for most of my hunting just too bulky and heavy.  So I traded them off and bought another pair of 8X30 Swarovski. Very happy with them for general use,  but I find myself carrying 8x20 Zeiss for when I am actually bow hunting.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:32:00 PM »
I have a pair of 10x42 Leica Trinovids that I have been using for somewhere around 8-10 years and I love them. Excellent binos imo, before these I had a pair of Zeiss 10x40 Classics, the Leicas are clearer than the Zeiss  (once again imo), Yes they are heavy but they are rugged and take some abuse. These binos are around my neck during any hunting/scouting trip I make. I think you will be very happy with the Leica's.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »
Has the warranty of any of them changed significantly ?  That would be one reason I might choose one over the other.

I used my first pair of Swarovski for about ten years- very heavy use.  I took them almost everywhere with me.  I broke a piece of the adjustment wheel and sent them in to Swarovski.  A few weeks later  I received a brand new pair.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©