3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Little Tuning this Am - Correcting Right Arrow Group for LH  (Read 334 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This morning I shot my Bob Lee Ultimate with 56" limbs and also my current go to hunting bow,  a 58" Blacktail Sitka recurve.  I already have an arrow/point combo for the BT that shoots darts.

The arrow I wanted to use is the one I shoot out of this 44# blacktail. The Bob Lee is about 46# at my draw 26" length.  The arrow is an Easton Deep Six Injexion - very narrow carbon inside aluminum shaft - Deep Six FMJ.

At 12 yards (indoors at home) the Bob L (56" curve) was kicking arrows right 4".  Then I set up my cardboard box paper tuning frame (quick and dirty).  The Blacktail shoots bullet holes at 6'.  The BL was tearing left and low. (shooting fletched shafts)

I like to tune with arrows and weight. So, replaced the Injexion with a Beeman Classic in 600 spine (less stiff than the 460 Inj.). Put a 125 field point on. still tore left but not as much. Then I went to a 155 and there it was, a perfectly vertical tear (low). I tried a 200 grain FP and sure enough it was a right tear... too much correction.  Back to the 155.  Now I just need to move my NP up about 1/8".

Before I change the NP II will also try a 200 grain FP on the Injexion to see if that gets me the same result as I got with the Beeman.

It pays to hang on to various arrows and point combinations.

I'm glad this worked because if not I would have to have tinkered with side plate and or strings. I have much less success with that method. I know I could also cut shafts longer but that is a very last resort for me. I like my arrows 27" and sometimes 28" but never longer than that.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Little Tuning this Am - Correcting Right Arrow Group for LH
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »
Good job. It sounds like you have a good handle on it.   :)
Ken Thornhill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©