3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rounding off broadheads  (Read 784 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rounding off broadheads
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 07:09:00 AM »
Thanks Jason
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
I do believe the tanto tips do what they claim. However since 95% of the game I hunt is deer and turkey with an occasional hog now and then I have never really had to  oppurtunity to test the therory. I had used ACE 160 Standards for years with a very sharp and pointed tip and never lost an animal due to the point sticking in bone. However the last 4 years I have started using the Grizzly 160's not so much for the tanto tip but really like the cutting action of the single bevel heads.

However I am sure if I hunted bigger game I would be more concerned about not sticking in bone.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
I've rounded (and sharpened) the tips on my Zwickey's and STOS two-bade heads for years.  Also knock the needle point off my Wensel Wodsmans.  Doesn't take much in either case.  Just a little strengthens the point and keeps it from turning over on bone hits. I don't like the tanto points on most single bevel heads.  Concept is fine, they're often just too large.

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 10:03:00 AM »
I completely curled the tip of a Zwickey Delta when I hit a VERY large bull elk in his scapula from 18 yards with my long bow. My arrow ricocheted almost all of the way back to me. After that I filed chisel tips on my Zwickey's and have since changed to a single bevel with tanto tip Cutthroat broadhead.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©