3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carrying Magnus Bullheads  (Read 378 times)

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
Carrying Magnus Bullheads
« on: April 10, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
So I was out practicing with my bullheads this afternoon, and just like last year, I took about 3 shots and decided to take off my bow quiver.

I have two problems with them, one is even with the quiver inserts Magnus sells, the heads work their way out of the quiver until they're bouncing around on my hands. I can't imagine them staying put stalking in the woods.

The second is the noise they make rattling around on the shot.

I worked my way around these issues last year by using an old bolt on compound bow quiver I modified into a back quiver, and wrapped rubber bands around the plastic Magnus inserts to keep the heads from falling out. Not very accessible.

Just wondering if anyone has come up with something better?
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline stick33

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carrying Magnus Bullheads
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
I use a small plastic snap-lid storage case. It's about 9"x5" and 3" tall. I put foam in the bottom and place the assembled heads in the foam. It holds 3 and fits nicely in my pack. Swap out a regular broadhead for a Bullhead once I'm setup ready to hunt. Works great!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:00 AM »
When I used the bullheads, I just carried them to my blind. I can't hear well enough to chase after them on foot, so I only hunt them from a blind.

Bisch

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
Rubber bands for me also. I keep a 3 blade in ready for a second shot if needed quickly.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys.

With the first day of my season done, I think I've settled on keeping the bow quiver on, and only carrying one bullhead arrow with tree shark backups. I'm thinking the chances are if I need a 2nd shot i'm not going to be going for a neck shot anyways.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:00 PM »
I have used a piggybacker to hold arrow to the quiver and covered the blades with DD straws held together with elastic cord. Works until I find proper blade covers. My arrows in quiver are large Snuffers.

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 10:13:00 PM »
I have used a piggybacker to hold arrow to the quiver and covered the blades with DD straws held together with elastic cord. Works OK until I find proper blade covers. My arrows in quiver are large Snuffers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©