3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear side quiver  (Read 363 times)

Offline FAV 52

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear side quiver
« on: April 10, 2016, 10:00:00 PM »
I have a Bear side quiver that buzz's on the shot . I have owned several of these and every one did it . The plastic hood is the problem I believe ; is there anyone that has conquered this . Oh it's the black quiver with the thumb screws that screw into bushings on the riser .

Offline flcrkr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear side quiver
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
Should you want to sell I'm in the market for one. Thanks

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
Might be missing something here, but I think you might mean bow quiver, rather than side quiver.
Even though the bow quiver mounts to the side of the bow.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
FAV,check first for any loose screws.I put blue Loctite on the bracket screws,on the shaft.Gripper screws should not be a problem.I also put a thin pice of leather as a gasket,between bracket and riser.I have had more problems with the upper bracket than anything.This seems to happen when an arrow in the quiver is close to the upper bracket or it's screw head.Often,I got noise even if the arrow didn't touch.I have used a flathead screw instead of the dome head that comes on it and that can gain some space.

Just remove that particular arrow that is closest to the upper bracket screw head and see if that is the issue.I have also but a bracket off the hood and removed the upper bracket from the shaft.This really solved the problem.

Check for broadheads contacting each other or the hood.Even a broadhead point,touching the plastic hood,can sometimes cause noise.

Offline FAV 52

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
flcrkr - not for sale - bought this one from Cabelas bargin cave they had a bunch of em .         slowbowjoe - Thats a short cumming of mine trying to put in print what i'm trying to convey ; it's a Bear 7 arrow bow quiver .                                 JimB - I did what you suggested tonight - loctite ; leather gaskets ; and it helped a bunch . thank you all

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
I have the a Fred Bear Quiver on my Predator Hunter. I love the old school look. I have the same issue with a buzzing but only when there are no arrows in the quiver. I carry 5 arrows while hunting. I take out 3 while on stand (1 knocked, 1 for second shot, 1 judo) I leave 2 in the quiver and that eliminates the buzz. When I also sometimes carry a 22 inch cut off shaft with a field tip in one end and a 1/4 treaded rod in the other with a wing nut. I use this as a camera monopod. It stays in the middle outside quiver slot. It's also helps silent the buzz. I'll have to try the lock tight and leather.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
Fav 52 I just really gave my Fred Bear Quiver the once over. I found that some of small screws and nuts that adjust the rubber arrow gripper had come loose. Some where so loose that I could turn the nuts by hand. I tightened these up and adjusted them for my 2016s. Arrows are a little slugger now and with no arrows in the quiver there is no buzz at all. I suggest you take a look at those little screws and adjust.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:58:00 AM »
On some of mine I found it to be the top wire that bolts to each side then goes to the top limb. I put some moleskin where it crosses the wires that connect the hood to gripper. Buzz was gone!
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
The quiver he is speaking of does not have wires.It is the 7 arrow Delta with a square,center shaft.

Offline FAV 52

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
Thanks again JimB ; it is dead quiet now even with no arrows loaded all i hear is the thumb of the bow . What part of Montana are you I have a daughter and 4 grand sons in Great Falls .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©