3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Archery Leagues  (Read 500 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Traditional Archery Leagues
« on: October 20, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
I was curious how many of you shoot in a league at a local archery shop. A local shop is starting one up next month and I am looking forward to doing this throughout the winter and spring. Meet some more trad. people and a little competition always seems to make me concentrate more. Also the feedback, from some that are more knowledgeable than I, will be helpful in improving my shooting style.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Archery Leagues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
local shop here has one of them 5 spot leagues.  I asked if i get a handicap and they said no.  not paying for anything i have no chance at winning.  my local 3-d club now has a year long competition among all archers ( mianly them wheelie bows ) but they are doing a handicap.   currently with septembers scores, since octobers have not been posted yet, Im currently running 5th over all.  only tad bow in the listing too.  one of the guys above me didnt shoot this month. hope when new results come out im in at least 4th.  4th pays out $50

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
The local shop here is doing a "traditional only" league. That is why I am going to shoot in it.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
thats good that you have that many trad guys in your area.  mine are few in between.  think im one of the youngest other than my boys that i know of around here.  most in DE are in thier 60's

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
I betcha at my Local Shop, the Owner would let me use the Big 4 or 5 Colored Target. At least Every Arrow Counts for Something that way!
 I am gonna hafta Check it Out!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
One of the local clubs near me is starting one this year. I think it starts the week after thanksgiving. It should be a good time as we have a fair amount of trad. shooters in this area.

hey SteveB, if ya read this come on out and join us. It's at Wildwood.
I reckon so

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
Our local archery shop has indoor 3D shoots during the winter. They also offer a Traditional only league, which is really nice. We have about a dozen shooters.

Bill

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
We have a local club called Strictly Sticks that have a winter paper and DART league for traditional bows only. I haven't shot in a couple years but might try to make it down this winter.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©