3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: There will soon be a double bevel Grizzly! (prototype pic on page 3) update on page 4  (Read 2242 times)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
In 6-8 weeks we will have new dies made for our double bevel Grizzly! This head will be FULLY triple laminated. Not just a tip reinforcement like other double bevel heads but the full length will be laminated. Because of the full triple lamination this head will be incredibly strong.  I have also figured a way to get it down to 125 grains and still be triple laminated. The estimated price point will be $35-$37 for 6 glue on heads. Of course we will also make them available in a screw on.

Yep! I'm excited to finally be bringing this project forward!!
Bill

I also need to thank Tom Jenkins for his help with the cad drawings! THANK YOU SIR!!

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This sounds like something I would for sure be interested in. I love the Instincts.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm glad the news is out!  I can't wait, they look incredible!

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great news.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice...how wide will they be?

Offline stonewall

• Trad Bowhunter
Good deal, are they going to have the width and length as the single bevels?

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
I've lost count of the number of different broadheads I've used through the years.    

I'm sure that the double bevel grizzlies will be excellent heads.

I just received the single bevel grizzly broadheads I had ordered and am impressed at the improvements since the last time I tried grizzlies 15-20 (?) years ago.

Since I'm a relatively heavy bow and arrow guy I also really like the 235 grain weight and I'm especially looking forward to seeing the hole/damage from those nice wide blades.

The beasts I manage to get in range of this year are going to be in trouble!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
The double bevel version will be 1 1/8" cut and the same length as the single bevel, Grizzly. The double bevel will also have the same tanto tip as the single bevel.
We should have a picture of a prototype up shortly.

Hopefully those Kodiak's will bring you some luck, Ken.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bill I like the sound of that.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
Will they also be offered in 160, 190, and 200 grains?
N/A

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ah shucks! Can't wait to get one bloody. This is a great head as usual from our Zipper gang!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by foxbo:
Will they also be offered in 160, 190, and 200 grains?
125,150,175,200 grains. Those weights can easily be manipulated by just inserting a very small lead sinker.    :thumbsup:

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome!!!!!
And thank you for keeping the prices reasonable! Some broadheads are getting pretty high in price. Love the fact that there are still great quality heads at affordable prices. Other manufacturers need to follow suit. There are other heads out there I refuse to buy just because of their price.... I will be ordering a few dozen of these when available!
Thank you again for great heads and again keeping the prices real.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bill..a question for my own curiosity...obviously you cant use a 2 lam head for a double bevel as the seam would be on the edge...but you could grind the 3 lam head into a single bevel...right?

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by WESTBROOK:
Bill..a question for my own curiosity...obviously you cant use a 2 lam head for a double bevel as the seam would be on the edge...but you could grind the 3 lam head into a single bevel...right?
Yep
Well....I guess that is a bit of a loaded question. Could we grind THIS triple laminated head into a single bevel. Yes, absolutely! Should you grind a head that only has a triple lamination at the tip and not the full lenght of the head. No you should not. Not in my opinion.

Jason, We do all we can to keep the cost of our heads down and at the end of the day keep the bills paid. Luckily a double bevel head is quick and easy to grind on our grinders. In fact it is about 3 times faster to grind this 125 grain double bevel than it is our 125 grain single bevel.

Offline Caleb Monroe

• Trad Bowhunter
Can I ask why? It seems that the original single bevel had it all. 3 to 1 ratio, bone busting single bevel, S shaped wound channel. Just curious.
Sweka St. Jude Hill Style 70" 50@31"
Wild Horse Creek Condor 64" 55@31"

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
You know what they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it...I love the grizzly single bevel

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
I think it's a great idea. Just another option to choose, from a quality manufacturer. I'll likely try some.

Now you'll have pretty much all corners of the trad broadhead market covered.    :thumbsup:

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©