3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: There will soon be a double bevel Grizzly! (prototype pic on page 3) update on page 4  (Read 2243 times)

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
I like both single and double bevel blades so I'm glad the Grizzly's will be in both configurations. My question is will they be hunt sharp ready from the package?
bryce olson

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
I say "give the people what they want" and if some folks want a double bevel Grizzly, go for it!

I think this would be a good setup for deep penetration for normal (non-heavy bone) hits when using light bows. Seeing where bow weight is going, this could be hot!
Thom

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds really good.Look forward to seeing the finished product

Offline Blessed One

• Trad Bowhunter
Any plans on doing a 1 1/2  inch cut single bevel, along with the double bevel?
Working that Northern Mist Mojo!
Making the transition from one who hunts bows to one who bowhunts!

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like something well worth trying this year!
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Caleb, Michael There are many who prefer not to use a single bevel. This will give them an option to take advantage of the proven design of the Grizzly and still use the double bevel grind they are use to. We have had lots of people ask for this head in a double bevel grind. I fully expect the single bevel Grizzly to still be our main player. This is another option and in my opinion an improvement over much of what is available.

Bryce, They will be ground to a good burr just like the single bevel version. They will have to be honed before hunting with them.

Sorry, Dan. I have no plans of a 1 1/4" wide version at this time. Dies are far to expensive to make for that.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bill,

I have only one problem.... I dont kill enough critters to justify buying more broadheads than the couple dozen I already have. At my current rate, I am already stocked for life lol.

This sounds like an excellent head and it sounds like you (and TJ) have put a lot of work into it.

Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing pictures.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks this isn't some little head for deer shooting.  This is a VERY serious hard-core head, tough as nails, that will be easily at home tackling the largest and toughest game.

I'd wager to guess I have more heads then most and I'll be buying some!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
we will be using the 3 blade instincts next weekend for hogs.....looking forward to using these 3 blades....yeah...double bevels    ;)
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry about the lack of prototype picture I promised. Some supposed "update" has changed the way I have to upload pictures and with my very limited knowledge of computers I can not seem to figure it out! This is why I work with wood an steel. If it gives you fits you just git a bigger hammer!   :D

I can email the picture to someone if they can post it.  
Bill

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Blessed One

• Trad Bowhunter
Terry keep us posted on the performance of the grizzly instincts. I have just ordered them, and will be chasing hogs in May!
Working that Northern Mist Mojo!
Making the transition from one who hunts bows to one who bowhunts!

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bill will all the weights be the same length and width? Will the heavier heads just have heavier steel in the them? I can't wait to see them, I hope you will have some at Denton Hill.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for posting the picture for me.

The prototype in the picture is a bit rusty because I hunted with it in the rain multiple times this winter.

Jack, The length and width will stay the same for all of the weights. Just like the single bevel Grizzly's the weight will be adjusted by steel thickness.

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
This is gonna be great can't
wait to try some.

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
Good work, Bill!   :thumbsup:
Irv Eichorst

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Blessed One:
Terry keep us posted on the performance of the grizzly instincts. I have just ordered them, and will be chasing hogs in May!
The instinct head is deadly on hogs. You still have to do your part however.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I got a batch of Instincts tuned up for hogs for the last week of april. I think they will be excellent, just a hair wider than a woodsman.

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Head looks amazing! I am one of those that prefer double bevel heads.
This is awesome and for a great price. I still love my magnus 1 2 blade wide heads but you can bet these will be on the end of my wife's arrows and both of my kids arrows. I can't wait for these to come out!
Nice to be able to get a quality 3-1 style head of this quality and get the 3 dozen I need for the wife and kids and only pay about  225 bucks rather than 520 bucks.
Very very very well done!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©