3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beman ICS  (Read 391 times)

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Beman ICS
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
Can somebody tell me if the Beman ICS Hunter and ICS Bowhunter are the same shaft.  I don't know which came first, but am mainly interested if they were the same (full) length in .400 spine. Not concerned about GPI or thousandths straightness.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beman ICS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure its just the thousandths straightness that is different. I have used both for a long time and cannot see or feel any difference.
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
The Hunter shafts are tolerance within .003 for straightness.  The Bowhunter shafts are .006.  I believe they are the same length.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
The Bowhunters snap easier than any carbons I've owned and I often wonder if they are built the same way as the other ICS shafts. To their credit they do fly well.

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:32:00 AM »
Snapped on after hitting a wall head on. Has a carbon collar on from 3 rivers.
Now that I have two other brands to compare will be able to judge.
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by ISP 5353:
The Hunter shafts are tolerance within .03 for straightness.  The Bowhunter shafts are .06.  I believe they are the same length.
Actually straightness tolerances are .003 and .006. .06 is almost a 1/16 of a inch. They also have a shaft that is .001 straighness. There all the same shaft, just during the quality control process there segregated into 3 groups according to straighness and sold accordingly. Most all arrow manufacturers do the same.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by olddogrib:
Can somebody tell me if the Beman ICS Hunter and ICS Bowhunter are the same shaft.  I don't know which came first, but am mainly interested if they were the same (full) length in .400 spine. Not concerned about GPI or thousandths straightness.
As for the original question they are indeed the same shafts. I've shot Beman for several years and love them. Only difference between the ICS Bowhunter and ICS Hunter is the straighness.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nathan Killen:

Originally posted by ISP 5353:
The Hunter shafts are tolerance within .03 for straightness.  The Bowhunter shafts are .06.  I believe they are the same length.
Actually straightness tolerances are .003 and .006. .06 is almost a 1/16 of a inch. They also have a shaft that is .001 straighness. There all the same shaft, just during the quality control process there segregated into 3 groups according to straighness and sold accordingly. Most all arrow manufacturers do the same. [/b]

Yep, My bad!

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
I should have worded the question more clearly.  What I was wanting to know is whether the ICS Hunter and Bowhunter shafts are the same length uncut.  I have some of each in .400 spine but couldn't remember if I had to cut the same amount to get them all 31-1/2".  You're telling me they're both 32" full length.  thanks
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
i use ics 500 bowhunters exclusively for over 15 years with a stockpile of 4 dozen left, and the raw shaft length for all is 32" - i'd expect no less from the ics hunter shaft length.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©