3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best Hunting Seat, what do you have ?  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best Hunting Seat, what do you have ?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bill Turner:
Waldrop Pack seat and Huntmore have done well by me. Waldrop is more mobile but Huntmore is more comfortable for long stays in a known location/blind. Both have their place.    :thumbsup:  
Waldrop, Huntmore style and plain old seat cushions--on steep hillside sets with a little earthen seat dug into the side of the hill. Those are my go to options depending on the situation. If I had to have one seat, it's be the Waldrop-but alas, we don't have to have one bow either.    ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Recurve7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »
The Millenium is by far the best I've found!

Offline woodyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Thanks guys for your input, and to longbow fanatic 1 for the link to the other thread. Very good info

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
I use one of Big Jim's seats when I hunt locally, not too far from the truck, and I sometimes carry a Nif-T-Seat when I hike in on longer hunts.  Big Jim's tree seat is more comfortable, but the Nif-T is a bit easier to carry. I recommend them both.

I just ordered a hammock seat, which has some pretty good reviews here.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Where are ya from, WoodyT?
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »
I just recently bought one put out by Redneck Blinds ( see their web site).  Look under the tab for their accesories (http://redneckblinds.com/store/portable-hunting-blind-chair).

It is not the lightest, butit packs pretty easily and I am so far totally impressed with it and will be using it with my ghillie this fall.
ChuckC

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 12:38:00 PM »
Woodyt:::
The Trail Chair  360 by Shappell is a 3 legged stool with a back that folds up.It comes in a bag that has a strap.I believe it weighs 3.5# and runs around $50.I purchased mine from Rogers Sporting Goods for $40.Hope this helps.

Offline woodyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »
Ron, Central NY . Chuck I'll take a look at those sounds interesting . Duke thanks and I did see that Rogers was the best price on them, in fact they have a sale on them now 29.00 buy two and get free shipping.

Offline woodyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
Just ordered two SHAPPELL TRAIL CHAIR 360 from Rogers for 60.00 total . Got a buddy who is taking one, so if I don't like it I'm only out 30.00 . I figure that will be a good start, but that Millinium sure does look nice. Thanks to all who put in there info its much appreciated . Always good to know what you guys think and are using.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:00 PM »
Shappell is a very good value-especially at that price.  I have one and it's not as comfortable as my Huntmore, but way less expensive and much quicker and quieter to set up.  Very portable. I got rid of the little nylon bag it comes in (too noisy and just use a string and sling it over my shoulder.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
A 5 gallon bucket with my hot seat on top! Really, I do need to get something with a backrest. Some great suggestions made here.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Most of us have an old hang-on tree stand that's not trustworthy any more. They make an excellent strap on seat that's easy to attach to a tree using a ratchet strap. Light to carry and quick to strap to a day pack.
Not shown in the photo is a firm foam rubber cushion that I duct taped to the seat frame.

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
I have made a bunch of my own variation Torges seats. My goal was to get them to settle in better without squeaking and creaking.  Some of the trees did not like the regular Torges, the rope would slip and if I stood up they would fall.  I thought that I could leave them for a few days at a time on public land, eventually they all got taken.   I have a srarp on Grizzly seat, it works good as long as the tree is leaning the right way and has some regularity, so that it sits straight.  I have a Nifty seat, very convenient, but I have fallen over backwards when turning to take an up hill shot, they need a tree to lean against and an extra pad to make them comfortable.  I found that my back was in better shape when hunting over a mile from the car, if I used a Huntmore.  The trip back after sitting on the Nifty seat for a long period was painful.  The Big Jim seat, although it needs something to lean against is working very good for me.  If I were to plant myself in a natural cedar shrub cover situation, the Huntmore would be better, but in combination with Bush in a Bag and a basswood tree cluster the Big Jim seat is hard to beat.  Hen turkeys don't seem to see me, but where are the toms?  Maybe tomorrow.

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 04:20:00 PM »
I use the bottom of a old climber, put a 6 in piece of foam on it and a set of carry straps, super comfortable you can adjust the angle of the seat to what ever you like.. its been adapted to the API chains very quick to set up and light.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »
Using old tree stand parts seems to make sense to me and I think is a good idea.......   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline oldrubline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
I made a hammock seat out of a polyester drape from St Vinnie's, adjustable pole from an old tent, and strap top to tree with friction strap.  Super quiet and so comfortable I almost fall asleep in it if not careful!  I practice shooting from it and it will pivot easily for my shot or I can stand up from it with no noise. Got the idea from looking at the Dead Ringer seat and did it as a DIY.

Dan

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
I have Torgues, but really like my Waldrop packseat.  It is much quieter, and stable. Can adjust for trees with roots, or sit on its own in brush.  I strap a catquiver to it, or my turkey decoy bag coming up.  Quick to set up and break down.  I have started to use it more than my treestands.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline 6feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
millennium G100 best that I have ever used

Offline woodyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
I like the idea of using old tree stand parts, think I have a couple in the barn I haven't used in years. I do like the use of a strap also instead of rope.

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »
Do the straps on the millennium give y'all any trouble shooting ?
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©