3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Native American Style  (Read 284 times)

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Native American Style
« on: April 25, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
I recently posted about stone points and there seemed to be a lot of interest.  No surprise there. I am really interested in doing a hunt like the natives (Cherokee in my area).  Buckskins, darkening skin with charcoal etc.. Anyone ever done something like that before?  I think it would be an awesome experience and a great way to pay homage to the hunters that came before us on this continent. I'd love to get as close to the native ways as possible with the only the limit being that I can make an ethical kill with the equipment.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Native American Style
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »
Check out twistedlimbs's (Ryan Gill) book on that subject. He's kind of an expert at that. He did a hunt in a loin cloth only too.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Native American Style
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
X2 what reddoge said. Ryan Gill hunts, builds, and shares info on primitive archery. From bows and arrows made with only stone and antler tools, to hunting in only shorts, napping stone, bone points. He has a site and you can email him for more info. He is a super nice guy. (Albeit somewhat freaking nuts  ;)  )

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©