3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone heard from PaPaFrank (Frank Schultz)?  (Read 877 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone heard from PaPaFrank (Frank Schultz)?
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »
I remember conversing with him several times through messages and forums and remember him talking about some health issues.  Just checked his profile and he hasn't posted since Sept 2015.  I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about his absence, or how he was doing.  

Daniel
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone heard from PaPaFrank (Frank Schultz)?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Wish I knew about him also. Haven't talked to him in quite awhile. Did a lot of talking on the phone at one time. Did a few deals with him. He's an A-1 guy. Sure miss talking to him.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Wish I knew about him also. Haven't talked to him in quite awhile. Did a lot of talking on the phone at one time. Did a few deals with him. He's an A-1 guy. Sure miss talking to him.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:11:00 PM »
Frank is first class.....hope all is well, when I was under the weather last summer he offered prayers and support. Had several transactions with him over the years, a top shelf guy.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
I emailed him.. don't like his response..

Hi Daniel,

It's a very long story bud.  Last fall I started having severe pain in my back and neck and then started to lose the functioning of my legs, falling down, missing steps, that sort of thing.  In November, I passed out here in my home falling into a door jam and messing up my face.  When I came to. I remembered that I had been on the phone with my wife.  She is a RN and called 911, thinking that I had a stroke.  At the hospital, I was evaluated by the stroke team but they found no evidence of stroke.  I had MRIs of my back and head that day and later that night, two surgeons came to my room to tell me that I had a large aneurism on my carotid artery, right at the base of my brain as well as two areas of my spine that were badly damaged.  Because of the disease that I have, I have to take blood thinners everyday and they were worried that this would be a disaster if they operated.  The aneurism had to be fixed though as it covered 270 degrees of a 360 degree vessel, and it was leaking.  Anyway, I had the seven plus hour surgery and only by the grace of God did I survive.  I have to wait until July to see if the repair they did is good enough to have the surgeries I need on my back.  I've really missed all of my Tradgang friends but I still have trouble with cognition and stringing words together and my memory is terrible.  I would be too embarrassed to attempt a conversation on the fly.  Just this little note took me almost thirty minutes to write.  I haven't shot a bow in a long time and man do I miss it!  I used to shoot everyday!  Anyway, thank you so much for writing Daniel.  Please keep me in your prayers.

God Bless,
Frank
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Very sorry to hear this.

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
Frank is a good man and I'm glad to call him a friend even though we have never met .I pray God healing and mercy for him
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
Hang in there Frank!  So sorry to hear that you're going through this, and will certainly pray that you get good news in July so that they can take the next step in your recovery.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
God Bless Frank,I pray for a full recovery.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
Prayers are being said for you Frank. We do certainly miss you. ThankYou Daniel for kindness in getting this started.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »
May God bless you Frank.  I have also had you in my thoughts many times these past few months.  

If anyone deserves our prayers, it has to be Frank.
Lon Scott

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Frank, praying for full restoration for you and a return to the things you love.

Daniel Thanks X2!

Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
Have done multiple deals with Frank, he is a good guy. Hope there is much improvement in his health.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »
Good man right there.  Praying for the best Frank.
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 01:17:00 AM »
Praying for you Frank   :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 07:31:00 AM »
Our prayers are with you Frank,may the good Lord help the doctors to heal you and make you better.
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 08:48:00 AM »
Just to show how nice a guy Frank is; I mentioned that I liked wool on a thread here but the southern thrift shops rarely had any. Out of the blue Frank sent me a really nice heavy wool coat and a shirt he had picked up at a shop. A perfect fit and my favorite cold weather hunting coat to this day.

Later Frank inquired about buying one of my selfbows, of course there would be no buying involved after his generous gifts. I made him a bow and sent it to him. We have become pen pals and he keeps me up to date on what is going on.

The health challenges Frank has in his life would sour a normal man but he has remained the same great, humble, thoughtful man in spite of all of the adversity that he has faced.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Exactly Mr. Krewson, We did a bow trade and when mine came there were two packages. He didn't think the trade was even so he sent 1/2 doz. arrows with broadheads to even it out.......good people.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©